1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW to backup WII GAMES.(guide)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bunny_c, Feb 21, 2007.

1. dazjw78

dazjw78 Member

I have a few wii ISO on my pc but i want to transfer them to an external hard drive, but all i am getting is file to large. Can anybody help me out ??

2. Cecy

Cecy Regular member

How much space is left on your HDD?? You can also use wiiscrubber and then compress the files to a smaller size. I have 300 GB External HDD with 109 GB used for 49 games. All have been scrubbed with wiiscrubber and then winrar to compress; if I hadn't then I would have used about 200 GB for those games.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  3. GinSam

GinSam Member

Dazjw78
    If you want to keep your iso's in the 4.37 Gb size format - you will have to change the format of the external HD to NTFS (assuming that you are using windows); so that it can take files larger then 4Gb. Alternatively, you could use 'Partition Magic' or even a linux distro "System Rescue CD" [FREE - Google it], which will make it possible to change from FAT 32 to NTFS, without erasing your existing files on the external HD.

Hope this helps....

Gwa (GinSam)

4. erjricha

erjricha Member

Is it an absolute must that those LG drives be used to create the ISO? I just used a Friidump 0.3.0 on a Toshiba TS-L802A. It recognized as a Wii disk. My ISO was exactly 4,699,979,776 bytes. I attempted to burn with Roxio 7 and got an 0x000...04 error. but it will burn everything else fine. Is this just typical for not using the LG recommended drives? These are my friidump stats

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  5. sammizon

sammizon Member

I've been testing a BENQ/DVD DD DW1620/B7W9. It is able to actually recognize my Wii disc unlike my other dvd drives. I've made two rips (which took many many many hours), but can't test it because I don't have a chipped Wii YET. Here are my results for the first rip. The second rip had the same hash information. I don't know if every ISO created with friidump is supposed to have the same hash information or not (please fill me in on this one). The file sizes were 100% correct. Let me know what you think.

FriiDump 0.4 - Copyright (C) 2007 Arep

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
    under certain conditions; see COPYING for details.
    Official support forum: http://wii.console-tribe.com.

Initializing DVD drive... OK

Drive information:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drive model........: BENQ/DVD DD DW1620/B7W9
    Supported..........: No

WARNING: Unsupported DVD drive model detected, falling back to Hitachi
    specific functions. If the dumping process succeeds, please report the
    drive identification strings so that it can be added to the supported
    drives list.

Retrieving disc seeds, this might take a while... OK

Disc information:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disc type..........: Wii
    Game ID............:
    Region.............: Unknown
    Maker..............: (Unknown)
    Version............: 1.00
    Game title.........:
    Contains update....: Yes

Writing to file "Super Paper Mario.iso" in ISO format

100% |---------------------------------| 478.10 MB/h, ETA: 16/04/2008 02:46:409

Dump completed successfully!

ISO image hashes:

CRC32...: 5e43cdfe
    MD4.....: a2cb87e563be160201343c35adba9b4a
    MD5.....: 9bec61c769c708a08af68cf0aaa518dc
    SHA-1...: 7c3e1e82af0fd7f5f9eceec41793ef202cdee524
    ED2K....: 2a595527950fbd20a2650e868ad954f0
    Operation took 34014.30 seconds

6. thehopper

thehopper Member

Hey all....been a while since my last post....i just tried ripping Spiderman 3, but the file only came up as 1.87Gb.. ive ripped several games b4, and all the files came up as 4,699,979,776 bytes.. so i know they're correct... ive read b4 that all the Wii games are 4,699,979,776 bytes..so is this Spiderman 3 rip a dud?? Im gonna give it a second go, but failing that..im at a loss..Cheers

7. thehopper

thehopper Member

False alarm...worked perfect on second run!! Just downloaded Imgbrn 2.4.1.0...worked a treat..Hooroo

8. nani3004

nani3004 Member

Hi guys I saw various threads posted in this forum and believing that I will find a solution for my current issue.
    I recently got a WII system and a HP 8164B drive for backup.

Issue:
    I made a copy my WII sports DVD using Raw Dump software successfully and then I burned a copy using ImgBurn, Nero sucessfully however when I tried to play back the copy using WII console I am seeing an error message called "Unable to read disc"

I tried the DVD's at 1X speed once, Auto speed once using ImageBurn software and with 4X speed using Nero. I also tried with DVD - R as well as with DVD + R (unfortunately all DVD's are showing the same error). I am using Kodak, NexXTech media brands for my burning.

I am not sure why the WII console is not playing the disks that I burned. I already spend lot of time on burning multiple disks and tested. Any help on resolving the issue is highly appreciated.

9. brightspk

brightspk Guest

Is the wii modded?

10. me1928

me1928 Guest

What are all the disk types I can use to burn the ISO to? If I'm asking this wrong I mean can I use a DVD-R, DVD+R, etc.
    Just a llist of what's good to use or can work. If any kind have problems, plaese explain.

11. nani3004

nani3004 Member

Bright:

My WII was not moded. I think that was the reason for not playing my back up DVD's.

Can any one tell me what is the best place to buy/order a WII key ?

12. me1928

me1928 Guest

Sorry, I forgot where I got mine but might be able to find the place again if someone else doesn't already give you a place.

Do DVD+R disks work for backing up Wii and Gamecube games? Any configurations I'll have to change?

13. nani3004

nani3004 Member

DVD - R and DVD + R work fine to me. However I saw in the forum DVD - R is prefred. I need a Modchip to play back the DVD and see how they are.

14. brightspk

brightspk Guest

nani3004

www.ghost2fitter.co.uk

Noticed several reviews about them, but of course you need to research
    them yourself

I've just had them fit a chip in a wii for me, but i'm waiting for the unit, back so won't comment on them yet, but so far so good...

Its on its way back, tracked... ;-)

15. me1928

me1928 Guest

I bought DVD+R and it wont work! I used Nero to burn Mario Galaxy at 16x speed and it popped out saying finished in like 10 mins or so! Devinetly wasn't finished and I dont wanna waste any more disks so can someone help me?

Thanks nani3004 for the reply! Since it's not always the same for everyone can somebody else help me to?

16. campro

campro Member

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there are any DVD writers that can read and dump Wii games for backups? This looks like it would be a good idea but I cannot find any of the listed DVD Roms. Any help would be appreciated.

17. Dman125

Dman125 Member

Try using Imageburn at 2x speed, with DVD-R

18. Kraproom

Kraproom Member

I am having problems because I burnt my backup of Pro evolution Soccer 2008 Wii edition and when i play the back up the graphics look horrible. Can anyone help me out?? Is there something wrong with the .iso file or is it normal for backups to experience this? Is my burner making the mistakes? Is it the discs Im using??

All the .par2 files were fine none of the .ro were bad
    My burner is a MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857E (I have a intel macbook)
    I am using Verbatium dvd-r and burning them at 2x, just to be safe.

Please if anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

I have a wasabi chip and so far its awesome! I recommend it to anyone.

Thanks

19. b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Member

LOL welcome to the world of the WIi :p

They all look horrible because the Wii only supports up to 480 p/i
    witch is 640*480

20. Kraproom

Kraproom Member

Right I mean i know its Wii and the Wii isn't a graphics powerhouse but PES2008 looked like PS1 graphics. I am curious because originals don't look that bad but this was horrible