1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To BackUP Your Store Bought DVDs ,New Releases ,Older Titles Etc.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ZoSoIV, Feb 1, 2008.

1. stifflerj

stifflerj Member

thanks guys but i have no idea how to use the dvdfab....is dvd fab better pro. to use than dvd shrink??? i have used the dvd decrypter before and so what is the problem with my system.... i couldn't find out how to update the dvd shrink. basically i just need to update the firmware on theses programs... or is dvdfab better to use.. or is there a different secuence of pro. to use......

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yes you have to use dvdfab decrypter first! dvd shrink doesn't update anymore so it can't handle the newer movies without help. so follow this guide to the tee and you can back it up

dvdfab decrypter to rip dvd shrink to transcode(sometimes you will need to use FixVTS or VOB Blanker to clean the file before transcoding with dvd shrink) then nero, imgburn or dvd decrypter to burn.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm (make sure its the latest version!)

guides to use it

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/494836

as said all the info you need is in my first post

3. stifflerj

stifflerj Member

u cant download anydvd anymore. its not availible. i downloaded dvdfab but seems like the same program as dvd shrink.... i had this problem once before with the movie "fun with dick and jane" and then a couple of other movies to until i got the FIXVTS and Ripit4Me and then no problems i and a decent computer wiz but not good with alll the language thats why i like the dvdshrink pro....... i realiz u guys hear this same crap all the time but i am stuck .....

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

anydvd is here

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

did you read my post above yours ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, damnit just follow that and it will work i promise you!!

5. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

What do you mean you can't download anydvd anymore? It's at www.slysoft.com

If you used the 21 day free trial, then you can't use it for free any more, but well worth the money to purchase

6. stifflerj

stifflerj Member

sorry... i will try it out sorry to be a bother.....thanks

7. stifflerj

stifflerj Member

i see that... i am broke and supporting 2 kids and a wife .... just tring to hopefully find freeware of it ...... i am sure that it is worth the money ... what happens when that doesn't work and then i 'll have to get a another new pro. to b able to burn dvds... its like never ending.....

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

********FREEWARE***********

1. dvdfab decrypter to rip dvd shrink to transcode(sometimes you will need to use FixVTS or VOB Blanker to clean the file before transcoding with dvd shrink) then nero, imgburn or dvd decrypter to burn.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm (make sure its the latest version!)

guides to use it

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/494836

how many times do i need to post this

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Look stiffler...read the damn posts and follow the instructions and the guides.

I almost exclusively use DvdFab/FixVts/Dvd Shrink/ImgBurn...on every movie with little to NO problems.

Methinks this guy is a mole. No one can be this difficult by accident.

10. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hard to argue with!

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the only other option to fix his problem is to make a housecall and back it up myself lol, sometimes i think that would be easier than posting the same info 100s a time per week lol

12. stifflerj

stifflerj Member

no not a mole i have dial up sorry for the delay on the threads... i am a newbie to the burning process.... i am just use to the norm. and things are just getting harder....sorry to be a pain i will check it out the links....thanks and sorry again for the hassel

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

believe me it will work like a dream if you read and follow the step by step guides

14. the_goat

the_goat Member

Of course you can DL anydvd from slysoft.com I DL'd the latest version last nite I bought CloneDVD 2 coupled with AnyDvd a number of years ago and it has never failed to provide me with very high quality back ups for all my dvd's with regular updates from slysoft.com, its worth every cent.

15. Lohdriver

Lohdriver Member

Good stuff, although the VOB Blanker link connects you to the description of the term VOB; not the download as I believe you intended.

16. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

17. ELIP

ELIP Member

ZoSo, thanks for yout step by step guide. I am a complete novice and it worked great for me.

Since copying my dvd I have tried to burn another 1 from the image file on my hd. I open it with imgburn and it goes through the motions of burning it. When I try to open the newly burned dvd theres nothing there but the disc is showing full in properties.

Any chance of some more expert guidance, what am I doing wrong.

Cheers.

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

sounds like you aren't choosing the right file it will be an ISO file(around 4.7 gigs) that you want to burn. or if your burning it from a folder choose the Video_TS folder NOT the Audio folder

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  19. Mar000

Mar000 Member

i tried anydvd and it works great but when i went to buy it the only option it gave for payment was credit cards and a europe based payment method. are those the only options because i tried to contact slysoft but get no response ( i really wanted to use paypal). considering its a $60 download i was just curious.

thanks in advance for any response.

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

paypal is the same as using a credit card. i don't think they use paypal you can try emailing them a see