1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To BackUP Your Store Bought DVDs ,New Releases ,Older Titles Etc.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ZoSoIV, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ELIP

ELIP Member

Ok, sorted.
    Once again thanks v.much.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

great , Rock On !

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  3. Mar000

Mar000 Member

slysoft sent me back an email with a paypal option (awesome) now i can use anydvd with no problem

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

you'll see that slysoft doesn't really fail you.....its customer service is quite amazing!

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

good deal thats info to remember so we can pass it on when needed

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

great info.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

I just want to use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink!! Is there any way to use those and do the movies that are out now?? You know new movies...

I like using FREE progies and paying something to back up my movies seems like getting double dipped.

OH just kidding Scotty!!! Nice little addition to the AD help section and should help the n00bs if they can read and follow directions. hehehe. :p

...gm

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I'll bet that they are still talking about Spanglish or Click or the original Saw movie....
    Funny Noobs.

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

if your backing up movies that are four years old or older your fine using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink lol, thanks for the complement

10. Vrex

Vrex Member

I have just used AnyDVD/CloneDVD for the first time. I found them to be very professionally designed products with very intuitive user interface, and worked flawlessly. Although both programs together are a bit more expensive than DVDfab Plat, one advantage I see is that AnyDVD allows you to copy on-the-fly without necessarily ripping first to your HD (provided everything will fit on your destination media).
    Is this correct? This advantage alone should more than justify the extra expense. Thanks in advance for any additional information/advice.

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

well not quite, what clonedvd 2 does is write a temp file to the HDD then writes the file to a blank disc once that is done the temp file is deleted as soon as you close out the program. if your buying remember to use the 20% coupon code they have going! It is a great program

12. Vrex

Vrex Member

I just did another test just using AnyDVD together with my usual copying software (MyDVD+); with AnyDVD running in the background I was able to copy directly to a DVD+R without writing anything to the HDD first. Very slick! Apparently CloneDVD is only necessary if you need to compress or otherwise manipulate the source data prior to burning the final copy.

13. Vrex

Vrex Member

Though I am very impressed with AnyDVD, it appears that DVDfab Platinum has some additional functionality, such as the ability to split a Movie onto two single layer discs without loss of quality, and DVD to Mobile. This last ability requires an additional purchase from Slysoft. Am I missing anything? Is there anything important that one of these programs has that the other does not? Any further comments appreciated? Thanks.

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you yes can still split the movie with clonedvd 2 with the siccors to two dvd-5s. no it doesn't have I-pod capability CloneDVDmobie does but its a different program you have to buy. dvdfab platinum has it built in .I would say dvdfab platinum is the best bang for the buck since slysoft switched to the euro

15. Vrex

Vrex Member

Thanks for the info.
    I decided to go with AnyDVD due to the greater versatility of using it with different software, and to take advantage of Slysoft's easter promotion. If you enter promo code "FAIRUSE" you get 25% off.

16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

17. missypyra

missypyra Member

Is there anyother way of ripping it besides DVDFab HB decrypter ? coz everytime i try to open it with a dvd disk i want to back up it will close seconds after..on its own..any ideas? thanks

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you might try a clean reinstall

dvdfab decrypter could have a conflit with other software on your machine, thats hard to pin down

have you tryed anydvd ? its a good ripper too

19. sahadi17

sahadi17 Guest

1. can't find the VOB download.
    2. dvd shrink wants to burn using the nero 8 program i have installed. how do i set it up to use with imageburn.

3. if i want to spend the money...what is the best program(s)to have?
    4. is any dvd the one i want or one or more of their other products (clone dvd etc.)?

nuff said

Scott

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

VobBlanker

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_.../vobblanker.cfm

And a helpful guide for VobBlanker

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/586101

you can write an iso to the HDD with dvd shrink then burn with imgburn,or you can set it up to auto burn with imgburn, use this link and download it

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/DVD_Shrink_3_2_b_w_IB.zip

[​IMG]

thats your choice dvdfab platinum is less expensive(49.00) nowadays than clonedvd 2 + anydvd but there is a coupon code for the slysoft programs right now(which makes it about 79.00 for both programs) both have a free 21 day trial so check both out and see how you like them. you can't go wrong with either one

with anydvd you can use clonedvd 2(pay program) dvd shrink(freeware) or nero recode 2(since you have nero you already have it) DVD Rebuilder (its an encoder with very high quality but takes awhile to use theres a freeware version and a pay version) Intervideo DVD Copy6 (pay program)

Scott[/quote]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008