1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To BackUP Your Store Bought DVDs ,New Releases ,Older Titles Etc.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ZoSoIV, Feb 1, 2008.

1. sheenobi

sheenobi Member

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

try updating anydvd to 6.4.7.4

Version history:
    6.4.7.4 2008 10 13
    - New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper handles invalid navigation packs, e.g.
    "Stargate SG-1, Vol. 32", Region 2, UK
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6474.exe

is the DVD clean and scratch free? if you want to use VOB Blanker or fixvts try ripping with the latest version of dvdfab decrypter

4. sheenobi

sheenobi Member

I updated anydvd to version 6.4.7.4 and tried ripping it. It didn't complete the ripping process although it did better than the previous version. The ripping process was almost complete but then stop with 2 mins remaining left. It didn't go any further more as I kept retrying over and over again. I think, and as it look, the dvd is scratched.

5. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

Had the same exact problem with a rental purchase of "Hitch".. Great price, but the DVD was definitely scratched.. AnyDVD (v 6.4.7.0) gave the error message you listed below.. DVD Shrink couldn't read as is and RipIt4Me also couldn't read..

But... newest version of DVDFab HD Decrypter (5.1.0.0) was able to read and rip to the hard drive.. Took about 5 hours (much much longer than anything normally would), and seemed to hang for several hours at 1 or 2 points (probably where the scratch was)... Ran the ripped files thru FixVTS and then thru DVD Shrink..

Where the original DVD would hang, freeze or jump to a different chapter in the player, the new disk burned from the ISO that DVD Shrink created after running thru DVDFab and FixVTS, played flawlessly.

So just a suggestion, see if it works as well for you.

6. sheenobi

sheenobi Member

I will try DVDFab Decrypter a shot at this and post later on.

7. sheenobi

sheenobi Member

Dang! it's no good. the original dvd is totally F-up! DVDFab Decrypter couldn't do it either. Oh well, it's not the end of the world yet. Thanks folks!

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

A definite last ditch effort,, try using a mild buffing compound, like macguire's auto compound or a very mild surface restorer to buff out the scratches. This has worked a couple of times for me in the past with the kid's disks from the minivan, but like I said it is a last dirch effort. Let me know if it works for you.

9. sheenobi

sheenobi Member

Now that is something new to try. I will give this a shot.

10. jazee

jazee Member

RE-kindling this. I'm having problems with backup movies not playing on my PS3. It plays previews/intro but doesn't make it to the main menu. I ran FixVTS on the files before burning with Nero, tried difference speeds. I'm trying to rip an ISO image now since I have no need to modify/shrink the DVD.

A lot of info on this process is very outdated, talking about IFOEdit, etc. This was back way before version 5.x of DVDFab. Is my understanding basically correct in that if you don't need to re-author/shrink the movie, you can just use DVDFab and write and burn an ISO image and it should always work since DVDFab takes into account even disks with arccos protection? Or are there some other tricks I need to know when talking about Dual-Layer playback on the PS3? Is DVDFab's Clone option the end-all or is sticking to ISO images good enough?

Guess I'm about to find out but I'm sure getting tired of making these expensive DL coasters!

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

try booktyping you're DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM and see if that does it I/we only use Verbatim DVD+R DL and yeah most the time you don't need fixvts,ifoedit etc. just rip with dvdfab decrypter transcode with dvd shrink and burn with imgburn or nero.keep your burn speed at 4x or 2.4x max using DVD+R DL media

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

stifflerj, are you still obtaining this thread by any chance?