1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO BURN PS2 DVD GAMES "YOU MUST USE A MODCHIP"

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jor5dan, Oct 20, 2004.

1. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok that model will play DVD-R just fine. I suggest to use Sony or Verbatim. Don't use cheap brands.

You can also use DVD+R, but make sure to set BOOKTYPE for DVD+R to DVD-ROM in your burning program.

I use Sony mostly myself and have had no problems with any discs in years.

2. PR0BLEMS

PR0BLEMS Regular member

sonys work but they burn extremely slow (at least for me). verbatims are the best store bought dvds to use.

3. rattan27

rattan27 Member

hang on brothers!

I have the same problem with DVD Decrypter. Let me tel you the process for burning DVD for PS2.

From the menu select Mode>ISO>Write.
    Select your destination drive (your writer) and insert your blank DVD disc.
    DVD Decrypter should recognize the blank DVD and compile some information about it.
    Tick the “BURN-Proof” check-box (if applicable). OPTIONAL – Tick the “Test Mode” check-box if you wish to perform a test write prior to the actual write.
    From the Settings area select “DVD” as the write mode.
    From the Settings area select your write speed.
    Then click on the Hard Disk > DVD button at the bottom of the screen.
    DVD Decrypter will then start to write the ISO image to your DVD disc.
    Once DVD Decrypter has finished writing the ISO image onto your blank DVD disc, it will alert you “Operation Successfully Completed!”. It will also play a little music sample.

I have done all this and lost three DVDs. I was using blank SONY DVD-R for this.

Am using SONY PS2 9004 which plays both NTSC or PAL.

The last DVD I tried for this, is having no data on it, even Decrypter said Operation Successfully Completed. There is 0 free space on DVD, when I explore dvd there is no data on it!

Tell what to do? help me! How about ALCOHOL 120?
    The game am trying to burn is downloaded from net and that ISO image is also there to burn! But am still not successful, The PS2 does not plays it, even it is modded!

4. rattan27

rattan27 Member

Frnds another issue I have, help me out for this! M using a tv tuner to play on my monitor with PS2. some of games are working fine but some of them are greenish. Other are good i see all colors. but in some games I see see game working properly but in greenish color! is it cause of PAL or NTSC systems? or what please help me out!

5. jessechri

jessechri Member

you should just let this 5 year old thread die, and start a new one, or better yet, search the forum.

when I burn ps2 games i use IMGBurn or alcohol, both work great. Alcohol even has a PS2 setting.

As for your color issues. Most likely it's the PAL/NTSC difference. I'm guessing you have a chipped ps2, and i'm assuming because you gave no details other than "my ps2 can play both"

If it's chipped try to figure out how to force ntsc, if you're using swap magic, you can force it with that too. you can also look for something called the pal to ntsc patcher with y-fix, it converts pal video settings to ntsc

6. sgvaibhav

sgvaibhav Member

hmmm
    im little noob in searching.
    i had few questions -->

1)Can anyone give me a link to a post, which shows a good way to burn PS2 games. Either i will have iso files in Pc, or sometimes i will have the files which are present inside the iso file, but not the iso file. (i am getting lost while searching, just give me some link, and i will be happy :D)

2)My PS2 is modded. I dont know what way it is modded and stuff, so i just wanted to read about different types of modding (so some could please give me another link or post info here :D thanks)

3)I am searching for PS2 games online, and i found that they have NTSC and PAL as well. So what differences does it make? (again a link can be very good)

4)I have a steering wheel for PS2. I wanted to connect to a pc, any ways to do so. Also, i wanted to connect my PS2 to my monitor, (Analogue input), again ways to do that?

5)Can PS2 read a DVD disk, which has a avi video file in it (DivX/XviD format)

6) What is the use of those usb slots in PS2 (slim version, i dont konw the model no.)

I know my requests are quite too much, if u cannot answer all, then answer which u can, i posted my questions in order of priority with first one having the highest.

7. sgvaibhav

sgvaibhav Member

i found out my model no. it is
    SCPH-70006

8. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

And if you did a forum search on each of those questions in this forum, you will find the answers.

We also have a sticky section in each of the ps2 sections. You should at least attempt to look at and read first.

9. sgvaibhav

sgvaibhav Member

hmmm

im still trying to use search and look at those sticky sections, but so far, i was unsuccessful.

lol i started reading some other guide.

10. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  11. thus_55

thus_55 Member

ALL RIGHT I GET THE IDEA BUT THAT IS IF YOU HAVE A DISCS AND YOU WANT TO CLONE IT.

MY QUESTION I HAVE A ROM ON MY HDD NAMED 011 EXAMPLE I WANT TO BURN IT ONTO A BLANK DVD SO I CAN PLAY IT ON MY PS2 HOW DO I DO THAT?

12. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

No need for all CAPS - read the forum rules

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

To play roms on your PS2, depends upon what your emulating

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/351999

You still need your PS2 modded in some manner to play them.

13. dinesh599

dinesh599 Member

i have download game in winrar format , then extract it in iso format and burn dvd but when i start game it only shows reading memory card want to save, then i save it then nothing come a black window come . pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp. i have wasted to many dvds

14. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

More info needed.

what brand of discs did you burn the ISO image on.
    Are they DVD-R or DVD+R
    what version PS2 do you have?
    What program and speed did you burn the ISO image?

15. dinesh599

dinesh599 Member

wat kind of problem is this is this a ps2 problem
    or any other

16. dinesh599

dinesh599 Member

i have use dycpter and ashmpoo burner
    but when i play its only shows memory card reading then i save it then blank
    whick type of dvd ishould use

17. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO image at 4x or higher

Use Verbatim, Sony, Taiyo Yuden DVD-R

If your using DVD+R, then set BOOKTYPE to DVD-ROM in the DVD Decrypter settings.

If your laser is in good condition, then it should work.

Don't double post, if your last poster and want too add info, use the little txt icon with pencil at top right of your post.

18. swirlin_1

swirlin_1 Member

'trust you' you know about computers but don't know that you need a cd or DVD burner in order to burn something......what is it you think you know about computers?....you better take that class over again

19. swirlin_1

swirlin_1 Member

jor5dan
    Junior Member....you say
    _'trust you,you know about computers' but you don't know that you need a cd or DVD burner in order to burn ANYTHING!......what is it you think you know about computers?....you better take that class over again

20. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

lol, dude

Your posting about a member who posted that 5 years ago
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/117975#617510

Also here is the edit button

[​IMG]

You could also just have 'quoted' his post. Click on 'quote' lower right corner of posts.