1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Cheat On HDD Games [guide]

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Andrew691, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Kyanzaki

Kyanzaki Guest

another thing, you are not supposed to extract Big.dat, Big2.dat, and Dummy.zip from the ARMAX CD?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2006
  2. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Nah dont bother they have intentional errors and are just filler anyway it runs fine without them.

3. Kyanzaki

Kyanzaki Guest

maybe that's what it was...

4. Kyanzaki

Kyanzaki Guest

I tried this time, and i received a blue screen after the codes were put in....

5. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

well cant help you there maybe try activating some hdloader modes or something.

6. sigare

sigare Member

Never mind the problem i had. After downloading a different hex editor got it all working. Made my wifes younger brother very happy.

Ok so i am lost with this one. I open up the SLUS file in a hex editor, and search for SYSTEM.CNF but nothing comes up.

Now everything looks alright and i even tried ripping the ARMAX cd 3 times thinking i did something wrong but it never comes up.

Any clues as to what i might be doing wrong? I have tried both the find and find in files and no luck.

Thanx in advance.

Peace

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  7. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

upload your Slus file to somewhere like rapidshare.de or yousendit and ill take a look at it.

Edit: you are looking in ARMAX's SLUS aye?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  8. 6Ripper9

6Ripper9 Member

@Sigare: When you try to find the System.cnf locations, if you have an option to "Find ASCII", check it, and you should be able to find them. I'm using UltraEdit32, and that's what I had to do to find them.

9. jasnth

jasnth Member

i read that the threads above some guys have problems in running the ARMAX because of PAL/NTSC. Could it be that PAL version of AR max does not work on a NTSC PS2?

10. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

the only PAL/NTSC conflict is when you use a PAL copy on an NTSC game or vice versa, a PAL copy should work fine on a NTSC console, with a PAL game being used.

11. jasnth

jasnth Member

does the order of the files must follow exactly for those with subdirectories?

some games have multiple subdirectories

12. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

as long as the main (top level) files/folders are in the right place it should auto put the other files where they should be.
    And ARMAX doesnt really care about its order I just drag them all in from explorer.
    Currently the only game ive had probs with is GTA LCS but I havent done this for a while and might have done something wrong, or it could be just a hdloader related problem as the newer version was released mainly as a fix for this game.

On a side note I might start working out a way for codebreaker/gameshark to do this instead of ARMAX, coz ARMAX has way less codes, and is updated slower than codebreaker.

13. gizzago

gizzago Member

Hi I followed the guide to a t using cdvdgen 1.5 patched
    i can load the image from hdloader, it loads armax, i go into expert mode to select cheats and nothing is there other than [add new game].
    very frustrating as i placed the code for the specific game in the codelist dir, it is the correct filename

but i can start the game without codes and it works good. still yet to try programming some codes manual into it with the pad

I stick with using Apache 3 for rebuilding the iso now after trying imltodvd and imltoiso.

i have built other images with cdgen v3 nearly all of which work as long as their is not a bigger file than 1.9gb roughly. however their has been a few which would not build, something to do with the lba

anyway i'll update my post after i see if adding the codes manual works

very late update, but pretty good
    the codes can be added manually & they also save to mem card, so i thought i should buy a cheap usb pen drive and load a codelist made with max code manager and it works for almost all my games including gran turismo 4, god of war full dvd 9 flattened.

hope this helps anyone who may have had the same problem

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  14. Dsrtnomad

Dsrtnomad Member

Hi. I tried this with Dirge of Cerberus, and everything was copied fine and uploaded to my ps2. Then when i tried to run it with hdloader, i just get a red screen. Anyone know why?

I also have Dirge of Cerberus directly added to my ps2 without modifying it first, and it works just fine. Then i deleted the original image from my computer after uploading the armax/DOC version. How do i get it back?

15. Dsrtnomad

Dsrtnomad Member

Sorry for the multiple posting but i cant find how to edit posts. Anyway, I also cannot get Phantom Brave to export an iml... it says that there's not enough sectors. I selected Master DVD-ROM, because its a DVD game, and it pretty much says that its too short. Any thoughts?

16. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

IS it the Read Screen of Death (insert proper disc), or was it just a solid Red Or Pink screen? they are generally error code type thing.

What version of DVDgen are you using? Find a site to download 1.20 + crack. The crack does what i think fixes that error.
    There might even that crack for 1.50, 120...

17. Dsrtnomad

Dsrtnomad Member

Not red screen of death, just a solid red screen. I have cd/dvd gen 1.5
    That was the only version i could find, but if you point me to the one i need i'd be grateful

18. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  19. Dsrtnomad

Dsrtnomad Member

I just downloaded the patfch, but i have to head to work. i will try it out in the morning. I thank you for your help.

20. Dsrtnomad

Dsrtnomad Member

Now, since the iso images will all have the same SLUS number (since you said to put in the sles/slus for the ARMAX) you will only be able to store one cheat game at a time on the hard drive. is this correct?

And when we extract the LBA->Full Path for the game, we're supposed to do it from the iso icon, right? not the UDF icon?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006