1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Cheat On HDD Games [guide]

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Andrew691, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Yeah Ive been wanting to try that for ages, but up 'till recently I havent had a DVD-writer. What game did you do? i reckon theres heaps of games it would be possible to burn to DVD, some might not have the right structure/layout needed or something like that.

2. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

It was resident evil 4 PAl

3. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Have you got a HDD to try it out with? other than that try another game like GTA or something thats known to work.

4. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

I do have a spare HDD but for my fat ps2 i dont have the network adapter, but i do have codebreaker 9.2 cracked on my memcard so it's not
    so serious if i don't get it to work.

5. Boot_Leg

Boot_Leg Member

True story. Dude sat on the phone with me for like 5 hours to help me set up my router which gave us hell! He is what his name says R.E.A.L. Hats off to a stand up guy!

6. Real1

Real1 Member

lool...thanks. Not too sure if this is Timber, Stillmatic or Vinnie...but I am glad I could help.

7. mannysh

mannysh Member

were can i get the pal codes to codebreaker and the working armax elf?

8. Real1

Real1 Member

To get working Codebreaker codes you would have to convert your own...I would suggest codejunkies or xploder for those. As far as a working armax elf...due to the fact that its still not even 75% we havent released our version yet. Though someone might have by now.

9. mannysh

mannysh Member

tanks i will try to convert. :)

10. rpg2006

rpg2006 Guest

Can someone post how they got it to work? in an easy step by step faq.
    red screen is all i get.

11. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Im not sure if I can make it any easier, sorry. Even I have to use my own guide every now and then t check im doing everything right, and I have no problems with it. There are other methods but I dont know them, the codebreaker method would be the best if your NTSC.

12. mannysh

mannysh Member

its eseayer to use codebreaker cd, dvd, or Elf, than armax, i tryed to use it in the HDD but dindt managed to do so, i could load the codes with ARMAX but or thr game dindint start or jamed, and some black screens of death.
    just use codebreaker and if you hava a Pal system use Maxconvert to convert the codes to raw, very easy and works every time...

13. HitTheBug

HitTheBug Member

can anyone send me the intro.avi for armax? when ever i run cdgen it always says cannot open file and the disc always craps out on me when the video is suppose to load. thanks

14. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

OR you can just put the ARMAX disc in, select the cheates for the game you want, put the HDLoader disc in, select your game, and voilla.

15. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

That does work, but for me I used the PS2 Memory Card exploit to load damn near everything on my PS2 (or did before I sold it to get a PS3). The Exploit disc wont boot after ARMAX has been inserted thus I needed to combine the two, and instead of needing the CD's. With that setup the only time you need to open the disc tray is to install new games which I generally did with my PC anyway, I was very cautious about the use of my laser being as my first system crapped out from playing my burnt games, so did my brothers, I then bought a very cheap system that had a broken disc tray (which was easy to fix, and made that PS2 well worth it) and fixed it. As it was 2nd hand I had no idea of how much life the laser had.

@hitthebug
    I might be able to upload that file in a day or two, my mates been borrowing my AR disc for over a month so I should be getting it back off him tomorrow if I remember.

16. Lahsiv

Lahsiv Member

I'm tring this with tekken 5, but when i load it up it doesn't show a single code (I haven't used MCM). Also I tried to load the tekken 5 game with no cheats, but it doesnt load, can someone please help?

17. Craiggg

Craiggg Member

If someone can pm me the cd/dvd generator that would be very helpful. From all the searching i have done this file does not exist on the web any more.

Never Mind I found it. and i just notice i had the patch for it all this time
    Im getting a pink screen with my action replay i bought on 9/1/07. So i guess the newer version dont work.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  18. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Im sorry I cant help you guys much, im completely out of the PS2 scene now. Am now more into PS3 related stuff, and just recently I got my PSP working so thats my main focus now. But i'll try my best to help.

@craiggg
    if you think that your version of ARMAX might be at fault try downloading one from http://cryptbreaker.hyperboards.com/ you might need to register first. Red screen normally means the disc isnt in the correct format/layout, have you tried other games? some games have their files in a very messed up format and no matter what you do it wont start. Could also try playing around with modes in HDloader.

@Lahsiv
    Good that it actually boots, thats the biggest problem to overcome. Are you sure the codes you are trying to use are for your version of the game? games can have multiple versions that all look the same but the AR codes wont work for all of them. Perfect example of this is the GTA games, look on the codejunkies website under "G" theres like 6 different versions for each GTA. So, if your able to, check that the codes work when booting both AR and the game from disc.

Im struggling to think of anything else that might help you guys.

19. Craiggg

Craiggg Member

thanks Andrew691 i will try all three of your suggestion, assuming i can pull away from ff xii long enough.

20. Lahsiv

Lahsiv Member

thax Andrew691