1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Cheat On HDD Games [guide]

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Andrew691, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Sam190

Sam190 Member

Anybody got ARMAX PAL/UK code Forced item drop from monsters here is few NTSC possible PAL/UK codes

Drop Enemy's Items
    D6B0-BMBU-EEPGE
    RHBU-91UQ-136T0
    N4TK-034E-EGRAV
    QH70-XH63-7KW4N
    DXKP-7DMH-77CKH

drop all enemy's item
    Q8TZ-5V3U-KB3EU
    RHBU-91UQ-136TO
    N4TK-034E-EGRAV
    QH70-XH63-7KW4N
    DXKP-7DMH-77CKH
    =====================================
    Drop Enemy's Items (Enemy always drops items?)
    Q8TZ-5V3U-KB3EU
    RHBU-91UQ-136T0
    N4TK-034E-EGRAV
    QH70-XH63-7KW4N
    DXKP-7DMH-77CKH
    =====================================
    Drop Enemy's Items (Enemy always drops items)
    Q953-F213-UVWHM
    RHBU-91UQ-136T0
    N4TK-034E-EGRAV
    QH70-XH63-7KW4N
    DXKP-7DMH-77CKH

2. wmxp

wmxp Member

Sorry for bumping a really old thread, but I have a question I'd like to put forward to you Andrew. Many people on other forums, myself included have been interested in getting a product called Xploder HDTV to work with HDLoader. It's a bootdisc that forces the PS2 to output games in progressive scan. Despite it's inconsistent reviews, there's a strong following of people who swear by it, myself included. HDLoader just freezes on a game load, if Xploder HDTV is loaded beforehand. I'm wondering perhaps if your combining method would work on it? Help?

3. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Just saw on thepiratebay.org a copy of the HDTV disc, that also has an ELF file that can be launched via Loader programs, it could also be loaded instead of ARMAX.

Where are you having the problem? does it boot from HDloader but your game wont work?

I have several methods that could work.

4. wmxp

wmxp Member

The version you found is definitely the one use, as the original disc is encrypted all to hell. Taking a peek through a hex editor, I can only see a single reference to "tem.cnf" in the ELF. No idea where to go from here.

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

"ERROR IN FINAL LBA"

I get this error if I put a file that is larger than 2GB on the disc using CDGENPS2...anyone got a fix for this?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  6. Juancho19

Juancho19 Member

Hi Andrew691,
    I did everything you wrote on the guide up to step 2. When I try to open the SLUS_200.90 with Hex Editor, I get nothing but gibberish. I was going to paste a pic, but it would not let me. In other words, There is nothing, such as, SYSTEM.CNF to edit. Help me here!

7. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Upload it to somewhere like rapidshare and I'll have a look at it.

8. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I have gone through several different versions of Action Replay Max (borrowed from lots of friends, and also a couple of PAL versions I got used online). Total of 12 Action Replay discs gone through (only 3 were PAL, 4 Duplicate NTSC)...here is what I found so far...

There is an encrypted version of the SLUS file, and one of the SLES file (does not say system.cnf anywhere)

The media player, instant messenger, and memory manager programs are mostly the same on all NTSCs (1 or 2 bytes changes, proably bug-fixes) the same is true for the PALs, but the NTSC ELFs have many differences from the PAL ELFs.

Most of the images used by ARMAX are identical between all of the discs. PAL versions have a lot of extra files to support english, french & german (NTSC seems to be english-only, but I have heard there is a Japanese NTSC version out there somewhere)

You have to change the save directory be editing the SLUS/SLES file. By default it is "BESLES-00000 DATEL" for both PAL & NTSC versions. The different codelists will make ARMAX crash if you use the same save dirrectory. Also, if you want to make custome a single-game codelist, just for the game you are integrating ARMAX into, you will need to make a custome save dirrectory, maybee "BESLES-11110 DATEL", "BESLES-11111 DATEL", etc... for each different game. If you intend to do this for more that a couple of games, get a 64MB memory card.

The media player, instant messanger, and memory manager are all ELF files, and can be replaced with homebrew ELFs. I use uLaunchELF, HDLD Server, & Media Player Pro. If you do this, you can also delete many image files (and 2 whole dirs) associated with these terrible built-in programs...SOME HOMEBREWS DON'T WORK (MOSTLY STUFF WITH IRX's)

On the PAL discs there is a file "emulator.ELF" that is not used by ARMAX at all.

After extensive work on the best (latest production date) SLUS & SLES files I had available, I was able to make a "Hybrid" Armax with all the stuff above. It only adds about 7mb to the CD/DVD image (Plus however many MB of wallpaper, ELFs, & custom codelists you may have).

Overall, it seems like you don't know what exactly what you will get on an ARMAX disc.

[edit]
    PS2 games are usualy 8.3 file format, but armax has a lot of long file names. This may cause a problem with some mastering softwares. You can fix this with a hex editor.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  9. vosined

vosined Member

Somebody please HELPPPPP!!!
    I downloaded an image of Dragon Quest 8 here:
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/369...Journey_of_the_Cursed_King_with_Action_Replay

it containes Action Replay Max. So as it saggested, I loaded the burned disc on my PS2, then on the AR menu I went to the Expert Mode, but it askes the code and if I proceed without a code (don't enter the code), the game won't load, it says "Invalid Code". So what should I do?
    (sorry if I repeat the question, just can't read so many pages)

10. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Has been a while since i last booted ARMAX to do anything other than memory card related stuff. What part exactly is asking for a code? is it directly after selecting expert mode where you should get a list of games?
    Had a quick look at what people said about this guys releases and it seems that the games cheat codes need to be re added each time you start the game. It looks like when he rebuilt the image that he either left out the codelist file or tried to add an updated one, making something not work.

If thats the case then try http://us.codejunkies.com/search/co...ed-King_Action-Replay-MAX_13633680-13___.aspx if I remember correcty its the (M) code you need to enter there, then add each individual code.

11. vosined

vosined Member

Thanks for reply. All I needed to launch the game is to click the freaking batton """START""" in the game list of expert mode and thats all, but nobody mentioned it, they just said "load your game without cheats and it would work" so I went to cheats and tried to load "without cheats" an empty stroke, of course it would give an error of invalid code. Then in the running stroke I found a saggestion to click start.

Sorry for bothering, but there are really many players who stuck in this moment.

12. pastlink

pastlink Member

The links to the required files in this guide files are not working, could someone please upload them?

13. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Most links have now been updated, if your still after the edited SLES then I can help I've just gotta get round to re editing it. SLUS I cant help with as I dont have access to one.

14. pastlink

pastlink Member

I would need to use a slus file, since my AR max is ntsc, so don't worry ile just hex edit it. but the link for the cd dvd generator on sksapps.. that program looks nothing like the one in your screenshot. it doesn't have the menu or options you mention in the guide. do you have a link to the program you actually used, the patched version of it? Is that the $ony cd/dvd generator ? (if it is i cant seem to find that either) whatever the file is, perhaps you could post a link to it on rapidshare or something.

Thanks for replying, i see this thread was started a couple of years ago!

15. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Didnt realise that wasnt the right program, after a fair bit of searching i managed to find version 2.0 of CD/DVD Gen and have uploaded it here http://rapidshare.de/files/40505912/CDVDGEN2.0.rar.html

That should work for rebuilding your game, if not I will soon be uploading version 1.5 as well.

EDIT: I will soon be hosting my own website, so all these files will have a permanent download location.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  16. pastlink

pastlink Member

Oh great, now I can try this out!
    If I mess up with the hex editing i will be back looking for a SLUS file :p
    Thankyou, you have been quite helpful.