1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Copy Protected PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Lucifer82, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Lucifer82

Lucifer82 Member

Hi I have Pioneer A04 and Primo Pressi and came up with a problem that the PS2 Game (DVD) has a protection on it which avoids me copying it is there a way to copy it if so please let me know :)

2. Lucifer82

Lucifer82 Member

anyone?

3. Skinnyneo

Skinnyneo Member

Check out www.psxcopyworld.co.uk. Also what kind of game is it? EA?

4. chris900

chris900 Member

Hey..you asked if he had an EA game...well i do..and i try to copy it as usual with primodvd2.. but when it gets to about 93% it says completed with errors and deletes the file..is this because of EA's Copy protection,if so, is their a way around it??
    Thanks.

5. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] i sucessfully copy an EA game (nba live 2004) with record now. give it a try.[/bold]

6. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Yep, Record Now, Nero, DVD Decrypter will all do the job, just make sure the source disc is clean, might be a bit grubby/scratched towards the end.

7. chris900

chris900 Member

Thanks ill look into it...btw..if its alrite..how would i go about copying a ps2 game with nero?

8. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Ok mate, here goes. On the top tool-bar on Nero, where it states your dvd burner, click the pull-down & select 'Image Recorder'. Then, click on 'File','New', DVD Copy'. Then, click on 'Copy'. You will then be prompted to select the destination for the Image (My Documents is my choice).This will then burn the image of the game to your HDD. When completed, insert blank media into burner, right click on saved image, click on 'Open'. Hopefully this will open up Nero with the selected image in the browser. Then click Burn and sit & wait 15-25 minutes. Good luck mate.

9. Skinnyneo

Skinnyneo Member

yeah that all sounds about right!

10. chris900

chris900 Member

Thanks, it worked!!

11. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

No problem, mate, pleased we managed to get you sorted.

12. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

alchol 120% has a template for ps1, xbox, or ps2 game burning

13. jjplapjnp

jjplapjnp Member

Irt copying PS2 DVD's, what is the best? Nero? In order for those copies to be played on PS2, you need the mod chip I would assume? And also, what kind of DVD should be used to copy PS2 DVDs? + or - ? I tried using DVD X Copy Xpress (older version) to copy an XBOX game, but it wouldn't even recognize it. I'm just now starting to delve into this realm of DVD copying, yahda, yahda, yahda, so pardon my "ignorance."

JP

14. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

ps2 likes both + and - r and rw
    you need a modchip
    i just said use alcohol 120%
    if not use dvd decrypter

15. chris900

chris900 Member

Doesnt matter which type of media u use whether it be + or - it will work...just use the correct one that yur dvd burner supports... Id say nero is the best program to do PS2 copies...and last of alll.....DVD X Copy Xpress is for DVD movies only...you do not copy xbox games from yur computer..you must install a modchip in yur xbox..create an ftp connection from yur xbox to yur pc and copy the game over TOO your computer.

16. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Hang on. Depends on what version PS2 you have. My ps2 will not work with and + or any rw only dvd- I believe it's a version 1 since I bought it years ago. Search the forums ere for more info on the + or -

17. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the V4's and below commonly have problems with + and RW discs, i also have a V7 that refuses to read and RW, but is fine on +. I think wiht PS2 it pretty much "luck of the draw" if it will read certain types or not. even with the known problems of earlier versions, my friend has a V4 that reads absolutely everything he throws in it, go figure.

18. 666Hate

666Hate Member

hey i'm a newbie at playing back-ups of ps2 games.
    I just got a flip top lid and swap magic boot discs.
    I was wondering what programs are best for burning ps2 games.
    I only trying to back-up my cd ps2 games, until my new pc gets here with a DVD+R.
    So, what burning program should i use for cd back-up.
    Also, diections for the burning process would be nice.
    Please help.

19. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the best programs for burning backups of ps2 cd based games are clone cd and alcohol 120% and for dvd based the most popular software's are record now,nero and dvd decrypter and for instructions on how to use these softwares then check out the tutorials page here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105 also you may want to check out this site http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ it has lists of double check games and the fixes for them that are required to get them to boot with swap magic

20. jjplapjnp

jjplapjnp Member

Ok, in short then, you need CloneCD, Nero or DVD Decrypter. Then you need Swap Magic and either the slide tool or flip-top? Sound right? Thanks.