1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Download Files Via Newsgroups.*UPDATED 8TH FEB 07*

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by JParkes, Sep 2, 2006.

1. gfoggin

gfoggin Member

Thats great. Do you know if the NTSC movies work ok once you burn them?

I cant help but notice that website doesnt have many 360 or wii games to be used with a PAL system.
    Do you know any others, which are good and easy to use?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. batespcm

batespcm Guest

great little guide this for a noob to newsgroups

i get the following error

Windows socket error: The requested address is not valid in its context (10049), on API 'connect'

any ideas?

4. dsf4703

dsf4703 Member

i want to start using newsgroups but im completly dumb about it, i read your posts, i click on the link to find my news server and its not on the list, im on bt, but my internet provider is sky

can anyone help

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@-dsf4703- im still a noob myself at newsgroups but i will help with what I know.

If your ISP is not listed then you are SOL with a free newsserver unless you pay for one.

I would suggest this http://www.news.astraweb.com/

You can sign up and pay for what you want as they have different pricing plans.

Just asking, but what have you gotten so far as in client -Newsleecher-, -or Newsbin Pro-?

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Pretty new to to Newsgroups here, too. Here's another good pay newsserver: http://www.powerusenet.com/ Astraweb is good but I believe I had a problem with it working with PeerGuardian but that was a few months ago.

7. Ben41

Ben41 Member

Hi,

I just signed up to a news server,using news rover etc...I'v looked on binsearch,newzbin etc but they don't have even the latest games which are out,such as assasin's creed etc,why is this?

Thanks,

8. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Newzbin,binsearch etc cant post what they dont have thats why. Newzbin doesnt actually host anything they just index whats aviable on Usenet/newsgroups.

Oh and atop of which Newsgroups arent the top of the piracy ladder, they fall somewhere in the middle to uppercrust, the latest games,movies etc hafta filter down to Usenet first before Newzbin,Binsearch can index em.

9. brinks217

brinks217 Member

Hey guys looking for some help. I had Vista and my hard drive was damaged due to my daughter banging on the laptop. I reformated my pc and put XP on the new hard drive. Before I used newsfilegrabber without any problems. I am trying to use it again and no matter what I try i cant get the files to extract to a folder. At first was a socket error. I fixed that, the files look like they are downloading but never extract to a folder. They stay in the cache folder that remains empty instead of extracting/downloading to the set download folder. To the left of the line I DL has a white sheet and thats it. The icon should have an arrow on the sheet meaning extracted.