how to find out the IP of my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by antr81, Aug 23, 2005.

1. antr81

antr81 Member

hi im new to this ...ihave a modded xbox that some guy installed 1 1/2 years ago...now i decided to start backing up games myself. i was wondering how to find out the ip of my xbox so i can ftp to it? and also say the password was changed is there a way to find it? thank you

2. borgsta

borgsta Member

3. antr81

antr81 Member

i dont know what i have on my system? how can i find out if i have Evo-x dash? Xenium? Avalaunch? thank you

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Ok first off tell us what you know if anything at all. Otherwise you need to find these things:
    How is your xbox modded? via Modchip, softmod, tsop

What is you current dashboard? Evox, unleashx usually have it somewhere in the settings with it, where it will say Unleashx or evox other dash's i'm not to sure.

For you IP addy, you should see a number somewhere like for example 192.168.1.111 or whatever, if you can find in your dash where it says "Settings" and somewhere either right there or in network connections you should find your answer.

If you find your ip addy but it says 0.0.0.0? Find where it says tcp/ip or ip something but should be followed by "DHCP" you should be able to change that to "Static" and then save the changes and go back into it and it will now be a good IP addy.

Any other enough please post or contact one of us,
    Degalle

5. antr81

antr81 Member

i think my xbox has a modchip... i dont know what i have on the system is there a way to find out. because someone modded my xbox for me and i lost contact with the guy so i dont know anything ...i used to get my backup games for him. so now i wanna start doing it for myself but i dont know the info on my xbox can anyone help thank you

6. antr81

antr81 Member

ok i opened up my xbox and i have an applex-pro modchip now how do i go about this thank you

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

When you turn your xbox on, what does the screen look like? That info will help us to know what dashboard you have and key us how to teach you to navigate your system to find the setting's information.