how to get movies from video cam to dvd

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by melix04, Oct 3, 2005.

1. melix04

melix04 Member

i have captured my video that i want to put on dvd onto my computer and now i want to burn it onto a dvd-r disk. Could anyone help me to do this i have a bunch of DV clips, do i need to convert them to be burned into VOB and other files. I have DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter.
    Thanks

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

You need DVD authoring software to do this. DVD Decryptor and Shrink cannot do that.
    A simple program that you can use is Nero Vision Express. At the bottom of this article you will find a list of more programs:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/createdisc.php

3. melix04

melix04 Member

thanks for that website it was a great help but my camcorder only records onto tapes not directly to dvd. I have a bunch of DV files that play in Quicktime but i need to put them all onto dvd. Any other suggestions?

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Well, that is what I tried to explain and that is what the site I mentioned is mostly about... read the basic articles over there.

The steps involved in getting material from tape to DVD are:
    1. capturing (you apparently already did that)
    2. editing (if you want to remoev unwanted scenes or spice up your movie)
    3. encoding (you capture AVI from your camcorder and you need MPEG-2 for DVD)
    4 authoring (which is the proces of creating the DVD structure including menus etc. and place them in VOB files)
    5. burning

You can use separate software for each of the steps, but you can also use software that combine several steps. Again, with Nero Vision express you can dow what you are looking for: import AVI files and author a DVD from these files.

5. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

yeah NERO VISION EXPRESS is a great software to do that .i downloaded like a 100 video clips and then a put it into a dvd.it was easy .