1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get swap magic disks to work on new PStwo , IN HERE!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hiredgoon, Oct 17, 2004.

1. RINA66

RINA66 Member

REMOVING/REPLACING WARRANTY STICKER..you can remove and replace warranty sticker by heating it up with a hair dryer and put it somewhere so it won't get any dirt etc,until you've modded ps2.Then just replace as it will still be sticky.VOILA.jobs a gudun.

2. jsmith2

jsmith2 Member

well after reading through about 75% of this thread. i STILL have some questions. i have a uk bought ps2 slim (v12). i checked for a date code on the bottom of it and there is none, only a serial number.

so far the ps2 has no problems reading dvd-r. i played a NTSC movie which i burnt at 4x on ritek g04 media and it played without any problems.

anyway i was thinking of getting it chipped but after the stories ive heard n read about with v12 lasers burning out i wont bother. im thinking of getting swap magic discs and using the tape mod to play my backups but was wondering will this do any harm to the laser?

also i read about the so called 'sony booby trap' and was wondering if the uk 70003 ps2 has this trap and will it mess up my ps2 after a few days/weeks

has anyone with this particular version of ps2 (slim uk version 70003, no date code but bought very recently [week or two] maybe new batch from sony) had any problems with the laser or the booby trap using smd 3.3. and how long has urs been working.

also i did say im not really interested in the dms4 modchip, but has anyone had good success with it. will it destroy my laser? how long will it last?

any help is much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  3. uchiha23

uchiha23 Member

Ok does anyone know a better way to mod this pstwo? i used tape every now and then the tape just slowly comes loose and i have to open it up again and tape it up again....and i've had to do this way to many times...any suggestions?

4. TruNiga

TruNiga Guest

had mine taped modded since decemeber and still works like it did rite out the box!!!! im happy

5. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

take off the top of the internal switch with a small screw driver.remove the little peace metal(the switch that makes the contact to spin the damn dvd)in the switch.get a solder and just put a little drop of solder in the switch(which is not hard,any moron like me could do it)that it connects,so that the cd is able to spin.then tape only the front damn switch.I did this damn fix when I got mine and never add a damn problem.jesus I hope I helped you guys and dont be afraid to this if you want to take off your damn tape and do this fix.so that if you dont want to open your damn ps2 again because of the tape coming off all the damn time.hope you guy understand this.pm me if you have any questions about this thing.thanks you and good luck!!! this is for the lim pstwo.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2005
  6. nevada64

nevada64 Guest

Another method is get the SLIM "ghost" Case, the tools builded into the case. Don't need to buy the SLIM Tool or Magic switch,....

ps2fliptop
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2005
  7. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

hey everyone i was wondering what is this i am hearing that swap magic 3.6 is a faulty disk. how is that so can someone tell me what is wrong with it?

thanks alot
    QWERTY40

8. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I know what im talkin bout now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  9. touseps2

touseps2 Guest

hello people

for you that are more experience that me and also have discusted this, i think a lot, what i is the best tool for ps2 slim the v12 ?? it is slim tool ?? magic switch??

the easy tool and more funcional..

thanks

10. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

The slimtool has worked great for me, no problems at all with playing any of my backups. Easy to install and no need for any opening or additional mods to your ps2.

11. touseps2

touseps2 Guest

12. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

I use the "PSTwo Magic Switch" with Swap magic 3.6.
    I used the Tape method suggested at http://www.jspot.net/ps2.htm and it worked perfectly until i played a game with the lid open. The game stopped whilst i was playing it. I opened it up the console again & found that the tape had slipped - It probably wouldn't have crashed had i kept the lid closed. I'm now using Bluetack & it's been fine ever since.
    I believe that if all the sensors are covered properly, all the time then there should be no problem. I had GTA:San Andreas in my console for weeks and never had any problems with it starting up because the lid hadn't been opened.

Does anyone know where you stand legally for playing back-up's on one of your LAN Consoles for LAN Gaming?

13. touseps2

touseps2 Guest

with slim tool and it's C piece it is possible to close the lid ????
    so it is better than that one you have?? right

14. end3r1991

end3r1991 Member

just installed the tape mod and played an original since I dont have SM or a dvd burner, Ill be burning an Import of Beatmania IIDX 9th style using my dad's dvd burner and will report back to here with the results of the operation, my warranty seal is still in contact but some of the V's O's I's and D's are showing, would that matter? can I still send stuff to sony? or would I have to take it back to wal mart?

15. end3r1991

end3r1991 Member

Just put in my order for SM3.6 from consoleguides. anyone ordered from there? Fast Shipping?

16. iceman221

iceman221 Member

can some one tell how can i write a ps2 game?It'll play if i don't have the swap magic?plz can someone tell me!

17. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

You need DVD Decrypter or Alcohol 120...There are more softwares but them are the best!!! And you do need Swap Magic or a Modchip to play burnt games...

18. LordBacon

LordBacon Guest

My Mercenaries won't work on my ps2 slimline! what do i do to make it work!??!

19. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Rebuild it...That's what I had to do when I used Crap Magic...

20. LordBacon

LordBacon Guest

how do i do that? whats rebuilding? its an .ISO file named ptc-merc.iso