1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get swap magic disks to work on new PStwo , IN HERE!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hiredgoon, Oct 17, 2004.

1. iceman221

iceman221 Member

thx for the software but what i have to do to write it?Plz tell me it's very important!

2. nevada64

nevada64 Guest

3. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

hey guys i have a problem i have had swap magic for about 6 to 7 months and now i have a problem were the playstaion won't read the disks properly and the load times are disgusting. the games used to run fine till about a couple months ago and now none of my game backups work. The media isnt he problem cause i tried to make new copies and they dont work either. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was

4. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

Laser gone bad? Have you tried your oringinals? Cheap & nasty media written at high speeds ain't good for the little things

5. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

i was thinkin that the lazer might be bad but its not cause the originals work fine no problems at all but for my copies im using fuji film dvd-r burning at 1x using alcohol soft. But the thing is that the games work fine for about 45 minutes they play fine no problems, but after about 45 minutes the gtame freezes up in the middle of a race and the load times become disgusting. if i stop playing and come back about 5 to 4 hours later though the backups work fine again till about 45 min later. any ideas of what exactly is wrong? I would rteally appreciate it

6. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

The fact it happens after a certain amount of time suggests it's a heat problem. As i understand it the laser tends to work more when it's a burnt disc (opposed to a pressed one)
    Have you moved it recently? Maybe on top of your DVD player or something? Try placing it further away from everything & maybe place it on a cool surface (Not ice though lol - Laptop cooling pad would be ideal)

7. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

alright ill try that thanks for the help ill let you know what happens after i try it. Is there any idea why this happened to me now i usually have the ps2 on a table and put it away during the week and right now i have it sitting elevated on a rubber ring, and it still happens. Well ill try what u said and see what happens thanks alot

8. 8ert

8ert Member

Question....

I have read and read and read and read..........
    I can't find anything about hdloader and the exploit installer for the slimline. I know you can use an external hd, swap magic, in essence everything you need to do the exploit. But I haven't actually read anything about someone doing it to a slimline. Is there no info cuz it works? Or because it doesn't? I have done the exploit with the fat ps2, so I know what to do. I would just like a little input so I don't waste my time on a fruitless endeavor.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  9. bfrombham

bfrombham Guest

can sum1 help plz.ive downloaded swapmagic off limewire so how would i burn the program onto a cd an wot type of cd do i need cd-r or dvd ? im also going 2 cover the lenses wiv a peice of card is that all i need 2 softmod people ps2's?

10. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

Downloaded copies of Swap Magic won't work!
    You'd need a mod chip or an original copy of Swap Magic just to get them to work... rather pointless as you can see.
    I could get all technical as to why it won't work, but I won't... just believe me when I say it won't work.

Pay the money dude. It is worth it

11. 8ert

8ert Member

Why are you going to put cards on the lenses?

12. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

i was wondering if there was a shortlifetime for any backed up games for ps2. im using fuji dvd- and buring at 1x using nero but after playing with the backup for about 3 months the game wont start up and if it does it takes a LOOOOONG time to do so. Ive had my swap disks for more than a year now and this never happened the first 6 months of using it but now every game i play if i play for more than 30 minutes or so the loading times between parts of the game seems to extend by 3 to 4 minutes. I was hoping that someone can tell me what the reason would be. i have a 70012 and i was told to keep the system cool but that doesnt seem to work. My midnight club is the game the bugs me the most it wont start up, it only goes to the warning screen where is scolls a buncha stuff and then it never goes to the main menu, but about 3 months ago it worked perfectly no problems whatsoever.

13. mridha3

mridha3 Guest

ok u know how u guyz said one of the PStwos has a laser not working thing wit the tape mod. Well i didnt know and did a tape mod. The led went green for 2 seconds then went back red. I did the little fiddle and i think i did it to much. The whole thing came off. Anyone know how to put it back on and fix the ps2?

14. paderickm

paderickm Member

i found an easier way to mod your PSTwo for swap magic etc.
    What you need:
    A small screwdriver
    Self adhesive address labels

1. Unscrew the 6 screws at the bottom of your PSTwo.
    2. Take the cover off.
    3. look at the four screws holding the laser and disc spinner. the one on your top left you will see a small switch. Tear a small piece off the label and stick it over the switch.
    4.Take the top cover and flip open the lid. You will see the disc brake
    on the right side. Turn the cover over removing the screw for this. Take the Brake out put the screw back in.
    5. Place the cover back on.
    6. Open up the lid and tear off another piece of sticky label. fold it in half the stick side round a few times and and place it into the hole above the on/standby switch. press the cover into this and it will work. it is very cheap and save you pounds (IM in the UK) on magic switches! it works for me very well.

15. chekaho

chekaho Guest

I have a pstwo and bought the new swap magic 3.8 encoder with fliptop. I installed it but when I tried to use the disk I never get anything just the regular ps2 screen the one with the configuration and system browser. Can someone help please.

16. garciam

garciam Member

what if i download the swap magic disk as an .iso will it work on the ps2 or even the copy of swap magic?

17. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

i highly doubt that cause the image iso what u got is porbably very small and the purpse of the swap disk is to verify if the disk is real and the verification data is all over the disk from the edge to the middle so when u purn the image its only in the middle and the edges are still blank so the ps2 will see that and immidealy give u that error screen

18. garciam

garciam Member

what about an exact copy and tell the machine not to compress the disk?

19. qwerty40

qwerty40 Member

i dunno i dont think its a matter of compressing or whatnot... i dunno its up to u dude if u want just try it and see what happens but i tell u its prolly not gonna work at all

20. garciam

garciam Member

alright thanks.