How To Make ISO of Hard Drive W/Nero 6?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by stevenq, Jul 19, 2010.

1. stevenq

stevenq Member

I just reinstalled Win XP on my hard drive and I wanna make ISO of the whole drive on a bootable DVD so I don't have to go thru the install process again. Do I just drag all the files from the hard drive to the left side of Nero Burning ROM to burn? And do this in the "Bootable DVD" area so that it will be bootable?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

lmao..not likely you need an imaging program,macrium reflect is free or there's commercial products like norton ghost or acronis true image,whichever product you use create one time images not incremental or differential it'll save having multiple files & less chance of corruption,also you need more than one backup in storage & best to be placed on externals that are only used for that purpose,restoring images is as simple as creating a bootable disc of the imaging program,all imaging programs can create bootable images on cd or dvd however i wouldn't waste my time apart from perhaps a set with only windows on it,for ease one time images on hdd are better

Images can be browsed,any file or folder or folders can be extracted either to over write or to any place any where on an hdd

Here's how i make my images the first 4 being the base set all others after this poit can be deleted as space gets full starting with oldest image created
    1st-image-windows only
    2nd-add small amount of most used software-
    3rd-fully update windows
    4th-add rest of software starting with most used

5th to infinity-deletable images taken at weekly,monthly or every three months depending on what software or hardware may get changed,tho mostly images are taken every three months

radified is a free help site for all things in drive imaging
    http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

partition wizard home edition free,handy software for hdd manipulation
    http://download.cnet.com/Partition-...part=rb-watchlist&tag=postdlmail_b_dwnld-bttn

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010