1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to patch your games with topology data for LT+ 3.0

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by funksoulb, Dec 25, 2011.

1. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

I've had that happen once in the past with a game I burned. If other games are working and you're sure you patched the game correctly (patching it again just in case won't cause any harm), then I would just put it down to a bad burn and try again with a new blank disc.

2. doctor9

doctor9 Member

hi funk, i followed your instructions to a t. the only thing that i dont understand is am i using xbc to burn the file or back to imgburn? i tried to burn the file with xbc but it gave me an error 5 seconds in.i tried to open the patched file with img but it wont allow me to load it. please advise my son wants his call of duty. thank you

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Make sure you create a .DVD file first, following step 3a or 3b depending on if the game is XGD2 or XGD3. Also, make sure your version of ImgBurn is up to date (2.5.6.0 is the current version).

If the game is XGD2, the game should burn with ImgBurn like any other.

If the game is XGD3, you're advised to use a Burner Max burner to burn the game. More info on that here: -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...our_questions_hopefully_answered_here-913418/

General burning guide if you need it: -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/new_guide_to_burning_xgd3_games_with_imgburn_2_5_6_0-912244/

4. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

I repatched and reburned and same the same thing happened.. putting it down to a bad rip i think

5. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

First post updated, as the new version of abgx360 makes this guide defunct.

6. doctor9

doctor9 Member

funk, the burning went gr8 for cod.mw3 but the xbox is looking for an update to play on live. should i do it or will it cause me a prob. thanks again for ur help

7. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

If it's a title update for MW3, then go for it. As long as you're on LT+ 3.0 and your games are properly patched, you should have nothing to worry about from installing title updates, at least based on the current information.

8. EchoStation

EchoStation Member

If I dont use my xbox online could I stay on lt-2.0 and burn the disks truncated?

9. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

You could, but I wouldn't recommend it in the long term. Better to get up to speed with things now.

10. seanikai

seanikai Member

so once the ISO is patched with the xgd3 topology bin in XBC is it patched forever and saved like that or do I have to repatch it everytime I want to burn a copy? thanks

11. versatilegames

versatilegames Member

I've a little confusion and I hope to get the best solution here.
    I've updated my console to LT + 3 and I wish to play all the XGD3 games meant for LT + 3, games like Asura's Wrath, Binary Domain, The darkness 2 and so on and an XGD2 game SSX, I don't have a IHas burner. All I need to know is it possible to burn and play games without IHas on my console. If its possible please help me with the burning tips and the layer breaks for both XGD 2 and 3 games.
    Thanks

12. johnr283

johnr283 Member

Can I have a different link to these files? My computer can't access multiupload.

Thanks.

13. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

This guide is out of date now. You just need to run your games through the latest version of abgx360 and it'll check the topology data and patch it in if necessary.

14. johnr283

johnr283 Member

Thanks but abgx360 had no data on the game I was trying to patch. I found a tutirial on how to patch XGD3 Games to LT+ 3.0 using XBC. I found this much easier.

15. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

what game were you trying to patch?

16. onehanded

onehanded Regular member

Do you use the truncate option with img burn for saints row 4?