how to pick up great signal?(insight bb)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by forumLife, Jul 26, 2008.

1. forumLife

forumLife Guest

ok i have inisght bb.(but im not paying for it at all)
    my neighbors accross the street said "why dont you hook up to my internet. so we did. we have a linkeys cisco system that we are not currently using. were currently using a antana thats in the back of the desktop. its not doing so well the internet works about 75% of the time at a slow 11.0Mbps (signal strength-no signal) and we are willing to spend up to $100 dollars to make this work at a high speed compatabilty so will you please help?

thank you

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Either buy a new internet desktop card. Or make your own antenna. All you have to do is get a bowl and coat the inside with tin foil. It works too. Or you can go easy and buy one. They go for about $50-80 on newegg.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3lement, your combined userbars are over the 50K forum limit. Resize them accordingly.

4. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Well you would have to upgrade their antenna as well as yours if you wanted to get a good signal, only doing one usually wont help because both signals have to reach each receiver. So you're looking at 2-3 larger antennas depending on how many antennas the router uses. That should be either under or just around your budget.

You can also do 3lement's idea along with the upgraded antenna's for an even greater signal strength.

5. 3lement

3lement Regular member

What...? I asked a moderator before and they said it was fine. Who changed the rules? Ill just take one out then...

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you're at about 60KB the limit is 50KB noone changed the rules they have been that way for years.

Signatures

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. All the abovementioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures.

7. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea ive read the rules. Its kinda weird that no body said anything until now and that ive had it for about a year now. And i was told it was fine. O well i changed it i hope its good because i running out of pics to take out.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    yours is 59,050 bytes not 50kb.