How to prevent VCD from being direct copy to another CDR

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by onestop, Apr 12, 2003.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello, I was wondering if there is ways that I can create a VCD that cannot be duplicated to another CDR easily?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

my guess is unless you have encryption capabilites, or a cd press burner, uuuumm no. I have the best luck with making darn sure the cd is huge and has to be "overburnt". most of my buddies dont know how to set their software up for overburning so when they try to copy one of my vcd's they get the good old "the disc is too small" error. works well for me. grab yerself a good mpg tool and add a video or something to the end of the movie to make it bigger. please dont refer to why you want to do this in case it borderlines on piracy, you might get banned.

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Encrypting the vcd would be tricky while ensuring play back, I really like darthnip's method, it is clever and works for something like 90% of the people trying to copy the vcd.
    darthnip: my hat goes off to you.

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Darthnip : Seems like you need some new buddies ;-)

Paul.

5. darthnip

hehe paul, no they're still my buddies because i still let them borrow my vcd's, just not copy them. and screw them if they dont like it, yer my buddy :) - (plus i like that all my buddies are stupid lol)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  6. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Darthnip, to be honest I hate piracy and that is why I want my creation to be write protected too. I like your idea of "overburn" but can you illustrate further as on how can I do it? For your info, I do have mpeg tools.

7. darthnip

it's gonna depend on the software and time you have, i have good luck usually with anything over 810mb. just splice a music vid or something onto the end of your movie 1/2's till you get a huge size, then try to burn it without overburnm, if it burns, start over. make sure it has to be set to overburn to work. then try to do a 1:1 copy and see if it tells you that the disc isn't big enough. If you have bin/cue vcd's, vcdgear can convert them to mpg for you. sorry, but you'll need to be a little more specific, i haven't done a guide for this because all software is a little different. try it out, see what you can come up with, then if you have problems, we'll see if we can help. I'd start with the 800mb or more at first. oh btw msb5150 - thx