1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Stealth Patch Your 360 Games (Idiot-Proof Guide)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by NDarkness, Dec 22, 2008.

1. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

1.6 doesn't support wave 4 games directly. Download the activate.iso disc and burn that, then you can play the game. Search the forum for more info.

2. John_Donn

John_Donn Regular member

apparently kreon firmware should not be used anymore....

3. rasputini

rasputini Member

Well, apparently I'm an idiot... I'm having the same problem with the wave 4 games. I recall with the wave 3 games, there was that iso file on the abg site that we downloaded, and put in the stealth files, and bam, the problem was solved. So I did the same thing. Sure enough, there it was. I downloaded it, extracted it, and put the iso in my stealth files, felt brilliant for solving my problems, and then hit autofix on abg, only to have my feeling of brilliance shattered into a million pieces as I received the same error. Am I missing something, or is something wrong? The two I'm having trouble with are Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed 2. Both are on the list of verified games. Can anyone point out what I'm overlooking here?

4. Noot

Noot Member

Hi everyone!

Is the brand of the dvd a must? I mean can I use other DVD brands then Verbatim because the local shops where I live have only TDK.

5. Srgt

Srgt Member

I have a quick question i ran Army of Two the 40th Day on abgx but i keep gettig this yellow message so i wonder if ok to play it online or offline this my log

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    \\//\\//\\//\\//\\/█\\//\ \ \/ /┌─┐┌─┐┌─┐\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
    //\\//\\//\\//\█▀█\█▀█\█▀█/ /\ \ ─┤├─┐│ │//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//
    ───────────────▀▀▀─▀▀▀─▀▀█──────└─┘└─┘└─┘─v1.0.2───────[http://abgx360.net]────
    ▀▀▀
    Checking for updates to abgx360.dat...
    Server file abgx360.dat no newer than local file - not retrieving

C:\Users\Srgt\Downloads\XBOX 360\Army of Two The 40th Day\A240DAYS\A2T40DAY.dvd
    is valid

Checking Game
    ISO: "C:\Users\Srgt\Downloads\XBOX 360\Army of Two The 40th Day\A240DAYS\A2
    T40DAY.iso"
    Size: 7838695424 bytes (SplitVid 3rd or 4th wave)
    Files in ISO: 3566, Folders in ISO: 36
    Total bytes used: 6458573318 (88.49%)
    Game appears to have random padding

Checking default.xex
    Original PE Filename: ArmyOfTwo_AllInOne.exe
    Original PE Timestamp: 2009/12/06 15:47:40
    Game Name: Army of TWO(TM): TFD
    Developer: Electronic Arts Montreal
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Genre: Action
    No Avatar Awards
    Achievements: 50 Achievements totaling 1000 Gamerscore
    XEX CRC = BA2B9F7F
    XEX Media ID: A9C3D0F6391E37F14E75E71E-44388CF4

Region Code: 0xFFFFFFFF
    Region Free!

Checking SS
    Timestamp of Authoring: 2009/12/08 00:00:00
    Timestamp of Mastering: 2009/12/16 21:38:20
    SS Version: 2 (trusted)
    SS CRC = 5B93251B (RawSS = 57EA6394)
    SS Media ID: A9C3D0F6391E37F14E75E71E-44388CF4 (matches game)
    SS looks valid

Checking DMI
    Timestamp of Authoring: 2009/12/08 00:00:00 (matches SS)
    DMI CRC = 82743EFE
    DMI Media ID: A9C3D0F6391E37F14E75E71E-44388CF4 (matches game)
    DMI looks valid

Checking PFI
    PFI CRC = 05C6C409
    PFI matches known data (4th wave - requires iXtreme v1.51 [Hitachi only],
    v1.6 [using activation disc], v1.61 or later)

Video partition found
    Checking Video padding... Video is zero padded
    Video CRC = E2FA3A26 (V0 = E0363F4E, V1 = EAE76B94)
    Video partition does not match known data (could be corrupt or a new wave not
    seen before)

Stealth status is uncertain
    ----> but is in YELLOW

Starting Verification
    Looking for 5B93251BBA2B9F7F.ini in the online verified database
    Server file 5B93251BBA2B9F7F.ini no newer than local file - not retrieving

Using 5B93251BBA2B9F7F.ini (384 bytes)
    Video CRC matches
    V0 CRC matches
    V1 CRC matches
    PFI CRC matches
    DMI CRC matches
    SS CRC matches
    Xex CRC matches

Checking Game CRC... (press Q to cancel)
    Percent Elapsed Estimated Time Average Current Errors Total
    Done Time Time Left Speed Speed Recovered Retries
    100% 1:27 1:27 0:00 79.5 MB/s 124.5 MB/s

AnyDVD style corruption was not detected
    Game CRC = 35A65716 (matches)

All CRCs match
    Verification was successful, Stealth passed!

Comparing L1 Video on L0 to L1 Video on L1...
    SplitVid is valid
    Checking L1 Video padding... L1 Video is zero padded

Press any key to exit . . .

6. 70k1

70k1 Guest

I do not know about anyone else, but it seems to me the "powers that be" could make this waaaayyy easier.

For example, everyone knows that when you use the "hot swap" technique you do not rip the security features. That is why you need to run abgx. So it fixes the splitvid partition, and the security sector redirect. Both of these are missing using the hot swap method.

When you use an XBOX 360 drive (who really uses this method?) or a properly flash Kreon/Lite-on drive, then when you rip, you get a direct 1 to 1 copy so you don't really need to run these other programs. Unless of course you turn off all these features when you rip it. Or maybe you have shytte/buggy hardware in the PC.

So I will get to the point. Why not have the abgx software set up so you only have to download various "packages" once. For example, right now, wave 1,2,3,4,5,and 6 and SSv1and2 are being used. Make a package/plugin for each one. A wave1 package, a wave2 package, and so on. The same as the SSv1, and the SSv2. Later, when M$ makes wave 7,8,9 and SSv3,4,5,6,7 all you have to do is dowwnload the new packages. Doesn't this sound reasonable. Now you might say each vid and/or SS is unique. They aren't. Firstly, all splitvids in wave1 are all the same in each rip, you just need the right one to remain "stealthed". Same with every wave. I suspect the same for the SS.

If the software was set up like this, when you had your "hotswap" rip, or even your "Kreon/Lite0on" improperly ripped, you could select the proper SS and wave to merge into the ISO from a list box. And you wouldn't have to download anything except if a new "package" came out. It would all be on the system already. You could even have a small database file for all games and what features they should get so it is all done automatically.

The only thing that comes to mind as a comparison is "AutoPatcher" for WinXP. If you know that program, then you know what I am trying to say.

Or maybe it is just me? Anyone else think the same?

Just as a side discussion, you don't need to do any of this B.S. if you do not plan on going on LIVE. Once you patch the Drive to the new firmware, security means bugger-all.

Note: This could be in the wrong thread, or maybe I should have made a new one. You admin guys can fix that if that is the case. Move it to a new thread?

7. 70k1

70k1 Guest

Oops. I just realized what I said. I must make a correction.

The SS file will be unique to the GAME DVD in question. So a "package" would not be practical. Each game would be different. I suppose an SS package could still be made. You just download the SS package in question before you start. The space required would be a concern maybe?

Sorry for the FUBAR. I think I might have had to much coffee. As soon as I posted it I realized it was wrong. When you think about it for a minute, it makes perfect sense.

But the waves would still work as said.

8. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

9. babyboy88

babyboy88 Member

Okay, this tutorial is A1. I just need the answer to this one question. If the verification is good but the DMI says its unverified, is it still stealthed?

10. babyboy88

babyboy88 Member

Okay, since my last question wasn't answered yet, i figured i'd add to it. Keep in mind i still need the answer to the other question. If the stealth status is uncertain because the video partition doesn't match the known data, is it still okay to get online without them banning me or does it enhance the chance of getting banned?

11. ShawtyNate

ShawtyNate Member

When i try to patch gta it comes up with this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

its not in order but please help!!

12. ShawtyNate

ShawtyNate Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  13. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

14. ShawtyNate

ShawtyNate Member

thanks bro. ill try now

15. ShawtyNate

ShawtyNate Member

16. Matt24

Matt24 Member

If this is my log, is my game safe to play on Xbox Live?
    I am not sure because of the Yellow part that says "Stealth status is uncertain"

[​IMG]

17. bananabox

bananabox Member

Sorry I've got a bit of a noob question but I was wondering if anyone can help.
    I was wandering if anyone knows if there is anyway to get updates of which games are 'stealth safe' on the abgx database? For example, I've ran Just Cause 2-Allstars through abgx today and it passed stealth check but it never last week. However, on the database it still has a question mark under 'Stealth'. I use my xbox online so really don't want to take the risk.

18. Tshabalala

Tshabalala Member

Do we need to mod or do something before we try to play this? Am really sorry if i had missed something... am jus a noob... and thanks in advance..

19. Tshabalala

Tshabalala Member

Do we need to mod or do something to the console before we try to play this? Am really sorry if i had missed something... am jus trying to find out cos i am gettin a xbox sooner...
    Thank you in advance.. :D

20. TATTOOZIT

TATTOOZIT Member

Great guide. awesome knowledge. a lot of people asking questions that have been answered ten times...read the thread....its all there plain and simple. Im a noob too as of a few weeks ago. Ive got it down fine, flashing and all. thanks again for the tut...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010