1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: "Swap Discs" on an Unmodified PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jjax, Jan 15, 2006.

1. x19er

x19er Member

@ souperfro
    I thought id be wise and just move the white cog over with a knife...bad idea. I had the same problem you did (asumming the white cog was pushed ALL the way to the right) and also searched everywhere to no avail. What I did to fix it was: take the top cover off and remove the top of the tray (with the magnetic thing). I plugged the ps2 back in and pressed the eject button. I could see the gear spinning under the tray on the left and (this is where it gets scary) I pulled on the tray until I heard grinding. Then (as the gear was spinning) I pulled harder and bingo, the tray caught the gear and rolled right out. NOW IT WORKS FINE ...3.5 hours later. I really only did this out of desperation, but I guess I got lucky. If you decide to try this I hope you are as lucky as I was.

2. huldu

huldu Guest

Any of these tricks works on a moded ps2 77004? (europe)

I have AR max and some backup games. Would like to *cheat* in them but i cant launch a backup game through AR max. Ive read some tricks using an original game but not sure how to switch the dvd's without opening the lid.

Apparently the trick is to first start AR max, load a cheat, insert an original PS2 game. After it loads etc you switch the DVD's without the PS2 knowing it...

Anyone know how the heck to do this?

The version i got 77004 (or something like that), looks very much like the version 14.

3. Capri611z

Capri611z Member

4. Frankar

Frankar Member

Magic Keys, Slimtool, Twistool, are all crap. Most of them don't allow you to shut the drive.

Firstly, sensor 2 isn't actually a sensor. It's just a disc break, you can remove it all together.

Sensor 3 is a bitch if you're going to put something in through that little hole from your cd drive. It's easier to open up your console and tape it down.
    Sensor 1 - simply put tissue inside then put tape over it.
    Instead doing this, will leave you $5 richer.

I've also made a youtube video recently where I show how to block the ps2 slim sensors:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCt3CAv_R4Q

Interestingly enough, sensor 3 is a curcuit breaker; current goes through it to the mainboard, only when it's pressed down.
    You can actally remove sensor 3 and soldier a wire in the circuit it connect to, thus closing the circuit and leaving teh ps2 always thinking it "pressed down".:
    This video (which is a video response from another youtuber, to my video that I linked above) shows what I'm talking about pretty well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpsgEYz0EU&watch_response

5. Montvidas

Montvidas Guest

yea i dont understand the sensor 3 it is too comfusing and i cant pull it right up like it's shown in the pic