how to transfer games to xbox from pc?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chazim, Oct 13, 2005.

1. chazim

chazim Member

I downloaded a game and sent it to my xbox through flash fxp to my xbox, then i restarted my xbox and went into the thing where it says play games loaded on hdd, but it wasnt there...so i went into xbox media center and i checked in the file that i sent it to and it was actually there...but i still couldnt get it to work...and when i opened the game folder i noticed that there were a bunch of different parts like rar.1,rar.2,rar.3 ect...is there something that i did wrong and can anybody help me? thanks.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes there is somthing you did worng.

If you downloaded this off the net you need to extract the file out of the WinRAR archives. Do this by choosing the first file listed in the list of RAR files.

Example:

Xboxgame.rar001
    Xboxgame.rar002
    Xboxgame.rar003
    Xboxgame.rar004 etc etc

You would double click on Xboxgame.rar001 file and extract the file it will then extract an ISO or IMG file from all the RAR files put togther.

If you want to burn this game to a disc then just open up your burrning program and use "burn image" option.

or

If you want to play this game off your Xbox hard drive you will need to use a program like Quix or ISObuster and extract the files from the ISO image and then FTP the Extracted folder and files to your Xbox.