How to use firefox to open hotmail from messenger??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by myf, Sep 17, 2007.

1. myf

myf Member

Hi there,
    Internet explorer is becoming a right drag. There always seems to be something wrong with it and whenever that happens i try firefox and whatever wasn't working on ie works on there so i basically just use firefox as my main browser. What i was wondering though, is there any way to set things so when you click the new "mail" button in msn messenger your hotmail opens using firefox and not ie?? Also what happens if your just completely uninstall ie?
    Many thanks. Charlie.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you should just set firefox as your default browser and any options in MSNM to open with firefox, if you have them.

3. myf

myf Member

Firefox is my default browser but if i use the mail tab in messenger it always opens with ie.. I have read a bit about it and some people seem to think as microsoft owns messenger it has to open with ie.. I have found a few other possible avenues which i hope work.. Thanks for you advice. Charlie.

4. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

hey, I have the same problem but it doesn't really bother me coz I removed IE temporarily. And besides, you can just go to firefox and go straight to hotmail. Thats what I do before going to MSN messenger :D