1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to write PS2 games to DVD from a torrent download?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Vanrius, Jan 1, 2007.

1. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, i see so many people now having the same problems
    But there is no real easy solution for why they do not work.
    It could be many different things and you will have to narrow down the problem. If you have an actual ISO image and burn it to disc then it should play in your PS2.

If you have an MDF & MDS file it is most likely a CD game and
    needs to be burned to a CD.

here are some guides:
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-playstation-2/2025-how-backup-psx-ps2-cd-rom-games.html
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutori...dvd-games-nero-burning-rom-alcohol-120-a.html
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutori...ckup-ps2-dvd-games-dvd-decrypter-imgburn.html

if you downloaded it then just start the tutorial where you burn the image and forget about the part where you are making the image from an original disc

Here are possible causes as to why your games will not work.
    1. You are using low quality DVD's. I can not stress enough how important it is to use high quality DVD's and CD to do games on.
    2. your burners firmware may be out of date and need to be updated
    this will help with burn quality and media compatibility
    3. you are not burning at a correct speed. If you use 4X as your burning speed it will generally work on 8X and 16X speed DVD's.
    If you are using 4X speed DVD's then burn them at 1X, but really i think 4X speed DVD's are too slow and i do not really care for 16X either so i suggest a good 8X speed DVD.

I like DVD Decrypter the best for burning ISO files, a second choice for me would be IMGburn, which is the same program except that it can not read a game and make and ISO, it can only write the ISO to a blank DVD.

2. yakuza003

yakuza003 Guest

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have downloaded action replay max ps2 it has 51 winrar files, in them there is iso files. The problem is each individual iso file in each individual winrar file has the same name what should i do when i extract it becz this messege coming do you want to replace this file from the existing one. can you plz help me about this matter bye. thankyou

3. yakuza003

yakuza003 Guest

I have downloaded action replay max ps2 it has 51 WinRAR files, in them there is iso files. The problem is each individual iso file in each individual WinRAR file has the same name what should i do when i extract it becz this messege coming do you want to replace this file from the existing one. can you plz help me about this matter bye. thankyou

4. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

You only need to extract the first file in the sequence (usually named game.rar or game.r001/.001) and the rest of the files will be uncompressed automatically. If you need step-by-step instructions on how to extract RAR archives, see Hursty's WinRAR Guide. When the files have been extracted (uncompressed), a CD/DVD image file will be produced. The CD/DVD image is an exact digital replica of a CD/DVD, whereby all of the data is stored in one file to completely preserve the data structure and integrity of the CD/DVD. Some common disk image formats include: .BIN/.CUE, .IMG, .NRG, .MDF/.MDS, .CCD, and .IMG. These disk images can be burned using software such as Nero, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, and ImgBurn.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you only need to extract the first one.
    it will then extract them all building your ISO file.
    Each little rar file is not an ISO, it is just a small part of one.
    What Winrar does is it takes an ISO file and breaks it down
    into many smaller compressed parts making it easier and faster to
    upload or download.

6. yakuza003

yakuza003 Guest

Hey can anyone tell me why my PS2 game that i have burned by Dvd decrypter is working really slow on my PS2 and some times it get stuck in between the menu or movie clips. I have got other fake games which i brought from some where else they work fine and fast, but the game that i have burn by dvd decrypter using ISO file doesn't work properly. I have got chipped PS2 and i have burned the dvd by 4x speed may'be i have to increase the burning speed or if u have any anwser or other solutions plz let me know soon as possible i m keen gamer !!!! thankyou bye.

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

8. keltin29

keltin29 Member

Did usama1992 ever get Lego Star Wars burned? He obviously has the first one as that game DEFINITELY is a CD-ROM game and not a DVD-ROM. I was actually surprised to find out that a game of that “size” (gameplay wise) was so small and could fit on a CD-ROM.

Use Nero to burn it and you’ll be fine.

9. usama1992

usama1992 Member

thanx for the help keltin29 but that game was cd game so later i downloaded nfs carbon n burnt it to dvd using the instructions and it works fine. now i m tryin to download more ps2 games. thanx for the help anyway.

10. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Ive been haveing problems also. I signed up to unlimitedps2games.com, I cant copy nothing with alcohol 120 cause it says its not a image file.

11. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Try either DVD Decrypter or Nero then to burn image.
    I don't know what your image file is but sometimes peeps make something other than ISO images and you may need to convert the file first.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  12. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Thanks Im new to the forum and to moding. I how do I convert files to image so they can be read to nero or alcohol 120%. I am realy stupid with PC's and am trying to find a quick walkthrough but I cant. Im positive thats the problem and I cant find anything to download that says it is a image file.

Has anyone had luck with this place it seems confuseing to me.

13. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I just looked into Nero but I have read alot of bad stuff, is it true? can I get it leagaly for free any place thats not just a free trial or scam to get you to subscribe to a million stupid pointless things?

Thanx in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  14. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

This site is great and the search function is awesome.
    You can find most things and tutorials by typing in what it is you are after. All this stuff takes some time and lots of reading to start with.

You can do a search for converters. I like poweriso myself. There is ultraiso also.
    You can try here also for converters: http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_9.shtml
    At the top of this forum is a software section and you may find things there.

A good place for ps2 tools: http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=hd.html

http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=elfs

Another good forum on ps2: http://teammodders.com/forum/

And yes you can find dvd decrypter on this site by typing in the search button. Nero also in the software section.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  15. SamsonX

SamsonX Member

hey everybody, i need some help ive burned dc games before but i dont know anything about the ps2 to burn the games with one of thos programs after im dont do i still need swapmagic or can i use a codebreaker, or do it boot by itself? plsany help would be appreciated thanx

16. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Depends on whats your setup. PS2 fat model, or slim. Do you have a hd attached or not.

The games burnt will not boot by themselves no. You either need to have a modded ps2 or use the slide tool or get flip top with the fat PS2, magic keys II for the slim ps2. And then use either swap magic 3.6 or the latest SM 3.8 coder.

Depending on your setup and what you want to do, there are a few ways of getting the games to play as backups.

There are many good tutorials here, just type what you want into the search.

17. usama1992

usama1992 Member

hey
    i just wanted to know if there is any other software that can convert .rar to .iso format beside winrar because my winrar is not working. Can anyone plz help me to convert rar to iso format or any other software that is used. or if anyone can tell me how to convert rar to iso without using winrar.
    thanx

18. SamsonX

SamsonX Member

i have a slim ps2 i dont have a hd or swap magic or anything i can get it but what else do i need to do to get them to play on the slim ps2? i have a dvd/rw drive and i downloaded alcohol 120% im real new at this so if aanyone can help ill listen thanx

19. qasim1991

qasim1991 Regular member

there are some pretty useful guides in these forums so look around theyre prolly stickied. but the best way to become good at these things is trial and error, and a little help from the net as well b4 u start! but if u can buy Alcohol 120% then do it, if not DVD Decrypter should do the job. Always burn and read at the SLOWEST speed possible. some games need to be patched (e.g. Fifa Street 2) and you should look into that if your backup doesn't work.

hope this helps!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  20. daspand

daspand Guest

hey evryone i just wanted to know tht i have many files in my torrent ps2 download they are mrndah2 says winrar archive and then i've got mrndah.r31 , mrndah.r32 , mrndah.r33 and so on till .r38
    so i wanted to know tht shud i just burn the .rar files (which when opened display an ISO file.) and not the mrndah.r31 files or both?