hp "DIRECTOR"

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Jun 9, 2009.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am new to scanning photos and documents into an email program or word processing program. I tried the HP "DIRECTOR" software but was dissatisfied with the results. The program as shown in the documentation was NOT the program that downloaded. Too many differences to be useful. The quality was not good and erratic at best. Is there a good quality program, easy to use, that will allow documents, paper photos to be scanned into YAHOO, GMAIL,WORDPAD, and a similar program called ABIWORD? OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 is NOT functional nor do I have "WORD". I CANNOT use the cd I have because it asks for info I do not have. That is why I use ABIWORD. I need a program that will work with the HP G95, V40, and K60/80. Those are the all in ones in use on different towers, all running XP PRO, all fully functional. Can a fully functional "WORD" program be downloaded from the web? Web addresses, links ect please.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

ddp- Open office is NOT what I am looking for. I neede the link to download the HP DIRECTOR for the HP K80 or an alternative that can scan to YAHOO, GMAIL, WORDPAD, WORD, or ABIWORD. as I previously asked. More relative links are needed that results in a program that I can use.