1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP DVD+R Not burning properly, cannot read after burn

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by alc507, May 7, 2010.

1. alc507

alc507 Member

I got these 2 50 packs of HP dvd+r 16x disks, When blank It is detected with no problems, burns with no problem, completes 100% with no problem, but... it can no longer be read or played, happens on data files or dvd movies. it appears to be burning as a RAW file. I have some ridata discs and it burns and plays with no problems.

I have 2 pc's one xp and 1 windows 7 and a total of 4 dvd burners (samsung, sony, pioneer, LG) programs that I have used are (anydvd w/ clone dvd, DVDFAB, Imgburn, and Nero) all with the same results and no success, I have opened both packs of dvd, took blank dvds from the top, middle and bottom with the same results. also tried it on 2 standalone dvd/bluray players and cannot be read. burned using file mode, videots, iso, used 6x 8x 16x speeds also no success, used about 15 different combination's of burning and about 25 coasters. am I missing anything? any help is much appreciated. thanks

heres some info from image burn:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D 1.22 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
    State of Last Session: Empty
    Erasable: No
    Free Sectors: 2,295,104
    Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
    Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
    Next Writable Address: 0

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
    Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
    Book Type: DVD+R
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track

2. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

Your burner is just getting old...is all.

Downgrade your media to -R and if it is possible a Good Quality Media like Verbatim or even a TDK will do.

Save your +R's for later on when is time for a new burner along the road or use them on another PC., External Burner, etc.

Good luck !

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  3. alc507

alc507 Member

Im not so sure its the burner, I have 2 sata drives a Sony DVD AW-G170S and a Samsung SH-S183l both with the latest firmware they are about a year to a year and a half old, they should work on these media... don't you think? maybe bad media? thanks for the help.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  4. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

IF the Firmware is update like you say....then is the Media.

A Burner when is new it burn all brands and kinds of DVD Formats (+R,+RW,+DL,-R,-RW, etc)
    as it get it old....the burner start to be finicky with the media you use.
    A Burner can last you 6 or 8 years....but also can last you few years, even months.

Try to buy a good quality brand Media +R....but it they do not work now or latter on. ....then start using -R's.

Good Luck.

Last edited: May 10, 2010