HUGE CAMCORDER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dctripled, Jan 19, 2009.

1. dctripled

dctripled Member

Well I recently got a camcorder, and I used it to film myself snow boarding. The next day it can't zoom in or take pictures and the display as well as the product is screwed up. This is how it looks. With a white blur on the left and bottom.
    [​IMG]
    I am pretty sure its weather damage. How should I go about fixing my parents camcorder?

2. dailun

dailun Active member

1)Fess up to your parents about what happened. (Hopefully you had their permission to borrow it).

2)Offer to pay for the repairs. (Expect at least $150.00 USD)

3)When you take it in for repairs, ask the technician if he can determine the cause. It's possiblt that it died on it's own. Then maybe your parents will let you off of the hook.

Speaking as a parent . . . . .

3. dctripled

dctripled Member

My parents already know, they are leaving it up to me to fix it now.
    This is the camera.

I just want to know what the possibilities are of this problem. How many things can possibly cause this???

4. dailun

dailun Active member

I can't tell you your specific answer, but realistically, does it really matter? You're probably not going to be fixing it yourself.

Based on the link that you provided, this is a Chinese clone camera so you probably won't even be able to get it serviced in the US because no one will have the parts.

If they bought it from a brick and mortar store, you might see what they say. Otherwise, unless someone else owns that camera and knows the answer, you're probably SOL and should be looking at getting a replacement.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  5. dctripled

dctripled Member

Does anyone know of a general camcorder service to say what part affects the capture of video, its obviously not the glass lens, when the zoom doesn't work either...

6. dailun

dailun Active member

There are Wikis out there that will show you a general block diagram of how a vodeo camera works.

Since you have a Chinese clone camera there is probably nothing specific to your camera.

It's probably the main logic board or the CCD input module.

Since you can't zoom or take pictures I would be more inclined to say logic board.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. dctripled

dctripled Member

Also, for some reason if I point it at the computer the blur goes away and it focuses perfectly, I was wondering if there is maybe something I can just put in front of the lens.