I can't backup Far Cry Instincts Evolution and i dont know why...(lots of details inside)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by cigaro56, May 23, 2006.

1. cigaro56

cigaro56 Member

I run cration4 and rip the disc, everything fine. then it automatically opens up a window to begin making the iso, but it always errors out and says it can't find a 'textbox', so i forget about that and just go to the main menu and click on "make new iso" after i click save to save the file , my comp freezes for like 2 mins and then loads the patcher and the iso creator... when the iso i done. i load up dvd decrypter and burn the iso...

i put the dvd in and sometimes it says "theres a problem with your disc, it may be dirty or damaged" and sometimes it loads

when it does load, the ubisoft intro is slow and laggy...and many times after that it just gives me the error, but once it loaded all the way up and i made it to the beginning of the game, beat the very first part and then when it went to load the next level, i get an error, everytime. and i have done this twice now with 2 different iso files from 2 different discs

the 1st time i used a memorex DVD-DL and the last time i used a phillips DVD+R

any help would be apprciated

also, i have already backed up ninja gaiden black and half life 2 without problems, it just seems to be this game

and the original game works fine

2. theridges

theridges Guest

Try Qwix instead of craxtion....i would also reccomend going out and buying some Verbatim DVD-R disc's memorex is a very cheap brand.....

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2006
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Philips DVD-R 8X speed would be a much better choice.
    You can try using an FTP program to copy the game to our PC rather than Craxtion, or even try Qwix.
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=1951

You FTP the files to your PC , then create the ISO, then burn it to a DVD-R
    I have that game and it works fine. or if all else fails just download it.