1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't copy The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Nov 21, 2008.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Ramses2
    Thanks for posting your success! (and for reading too ;))

@garmoon
    Yeah you're right it really is too easy anymore - most of us could do a back up with our eyes shut :)
    The next Saw may be it for us - after all it was those that gave AnyDVD a run for their money since they didn't release a 'full' fix until after it was released.

TDK though may still give some peeps trouble even with the latest software. The more heavily protected, the more it seems some drives just won't read them - may be the case with this one but time will tell :)

edit: typos

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Binkie7

I've been ready for TDK since I got back home from home_Thanksgiving. I figure we could roll back anydvd and defab programs for previous versions and try to back 'em up that way.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

LOL yeah we could do that - try and make things a bit interesting :)

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

rolling the program back may not give you a clean rip though

5. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

You guys have had success w/ripping pita releases w/older versions of either anydvd or Fab? that's what you meant by roll back correct?

I remember having been able to do some other flics that way, but not one w/the supposedly weird protection TDK has.

When I 1st started ripping it was 1 click and DVD 43. Then I was turned on to shrink which I used w/DVD43. I got stuck w/Hostel and didn't know about AD or any other forums or proggies that dealt w/ripping. So I bought a good used copy at my local mom n pop video store. Lol...

Those days are definitely over. You know even if they came out w/a new format or way of getting videos that was astronomically affordable I'd still continue to rip. It's so much fun. Guess that's the main ingredient in getting a hobby. Fun...

6. animaldvd

animaldvd Guest

used dvdfab 5.1.2.2 worked fine

7. sKrEwZ

sKrEwZ Guest

The latest DvdFab update that came out today, December 1st, is supposed to be the fix for it. I won't get this movie until it is released so I cannot verify it until then.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@dr_ml422

What that meant was we know they won't work but maybe something we might try would, to just make it a challenge-hypothetical only. Just putting a disc in and pushing the ripping button isn't much fun anymore. Spending an evening getting a tough nut done is SO rewarding before all the updates have fixed the problem!!

To all

It's a wonder that a company with as much money as SONY has not tried buying out Any and Fab-I guess someone else would take their place-Lightning UK "cough, cough in the Caribbean "

9. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Sony buying out Fab or AnyDVD would definitely mean admitting to defeat. Also please don't give Sony any ideas even though they're not that blind to not know about both proggies. If they were to do that we'd be f...ked. Lightning UK buying out Fab n AnyDvd? Sounds like a plan even though there must be hundreds of ways that those of us are using ImgBurn.

I think Sony's got they're hands full w/their Blu-ray campaign that isn't coming off as expected. They're target is until 2012 so believe me buying Fab and AnyDVd is like a spec of dirt compared to how much they've invested in that.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL. Dont worry man. There will ALWAYS be programmers such as anydvd and FAB. Just for the sole reason of Sony SPITE. I have nothing against sony but, alot of people seem against them in the worst way. And of course there are the programmers who like a challenge :D

11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Sony was responsible for the downfall of RipIt4Me.

12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Which is still a very useful tool, despite no longer being supported.

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Huh... thats interesting. We could be in for some changes in the next few months than. Unless sony realizes that they are just waisting their money. A computer made the code, a computer WILL break the code!

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

plus remember they have to make the encryption of the DVD so they are playable on a DVD player , which has been an on going problem with Sony

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  15. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

16. Disked

Disked Member

Quick question, off topic, how do you disable AnyDVD without removing the program?
    Hard to believe, but my old old 321 DVD Rescue backs up just about anything thrown at it. But, having trouble lately and I suspect a conflict with AnyDVD

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

right click the fox-head in you're traybar and disable

[​IMG]

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I just click "exit" to disable anydvd after right click red fox.

Just been notified new version 6490 is out!! Thanks Slysoft.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Funny, Insightful, ROFLMFAO. Thanks for the tidbit. Sony... You've began a war that has NO ending. GOOD LUCK

20. melaniegb

melaniegb Member

just needed some advice
    i had problems last week with Wall-E
    my burner would burn the movie with Anydvd and Clonedvd but would not write to my media
    tried to trouble shoot, got new media(went from a HP disc to a Sony disc) did not work
    so i thought it was my burner, have had it for 3 years
    bought a new burner
    now i am trying to make my backups of Step brothers with the new burner, will burn movie but three different times it has gotten to 74,84, and 95% and had media error
    is it my media,the encryption on the movie, or my PC?HELP!
    i have wasted so many disc it is not funny
    i just changed my AI scanner to enable always as recommended by binkie, trying it again as i am trying to get other help
    i gave up on Wall-E though, it was driving me insane
    i like sticking to clone and anydvd too, i have never really used any of the others successfully