1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't copy The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Nov 21, 2008.

1. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Thanks Garmoon, and dr_ml422, you wont be sorry in getting it, especially now before the rules change.

Garmoon, or anybody else, by any chance, would you know with this latest update from anydvd, is the problem solved with Knight, for example with the AI Scanner thing and other issues, has anybody tried it yet? Thanks.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@FredBun
    There's been a couple of reports here and at slysoft's place that you would AnyDVD as your normally do - the AI scanner does not need to be changed with that latest version.

I did see though that some using CloneDVD get a Clone 1 TCE error - seems CloneDVD may have a problem with the compression on this one.
    Removing all unneeded audios and subtitles including the English subs resolves it.
    Guess I'll find out Tuesday.

3. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Thanks binkie, looks like I will not have a problem than, I never keep all the extra's anyway, my kids are deaf so of course I always keep the subtitles, but the sub's are so small as far as space I don't think I have any worry in that department.

4. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I'm on the fence now for a bit about pulling the trigger on Anydvd after reading the posts in binkie's link.

@ Fred I think I already said this but just in case TDK went like butter through new beta of Fab. Compression and all. Watching it now to see if any glitches. Damn you could never get everything you want. Fab should separate the DVD from the mobile option. Keep it simple. At least I think so.

5. FredBun

FredBun Active member

dr_ml422, lets see if I can help here, look, if it's the bucks your worried about, and you have the savvy to use these frebbies cause like I said before they are great for many folks just a little to complicated for me.

I went with clone and anydvd for a couple of reasons, the ease of use of course, and thier reliability, thier tech support was always there even though I never used it much cause most of the time the members at AD usually have the answers anyway, thier always on top with thier updates also, thats something I cannot say for many other works paid or free, and Ive tried many.

But if you really have the know how with the frebbies hell, why pay for anything, I would'nt, plus I would enjoy the challange if I knew how, and last you have till the rest of the month to make your desicion, keep on plugging you'll get plenty of input here at AD.

6. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

It's not the $$$. Just if I have Fab Plat and it's doing its job then a decision has to be made to add Anydvd. Like I said just get irked sometimes when Fab needs to get updated because of the Mobile option which I don't use. Yet. Got Till the end of the month like you said.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@dr_ml422

If money is not the problem then by all means invest in AnyDVD before the policy change. I waited too late for DVDPlat and will have to decide do I want to continue not using it when renewal comes around. I would imagine that a lot of us have both programs.

8. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

garmoon, what exactly is the renewal fee for Fab? Is it the whole price all over again, or something like $25 just to keep using it and getting the free updates/upgrades/support. Thnx.

9. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab Platinum US$/€ 49.99 (Renewal: US$/€ 7.99/Year)
    DVDFab Gold US$/€ 39.99 (Renewal: US$/€ 5.99/Year)
    DVDFab Mobile Option US$/€ 19.99 (Renewal: US$/€ 3.99/Year)

10. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx dialysis. I don't understand why Plat or Gold come w/the Mobile option and Fab sells the Mobile option separately. Does anyone else feel as I do that sometimes just having the DVD option would of been ok so as not to have to constantly uprade because of flaws in the Mobile option? A few takes on this would be appreciated as always.

11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Maybe a new thread should be started seeing that this one is for TDK.

12. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Very good idea. And since you suggested it there must not be any so I'll post it. This forum ok right?

13. lynx0069

lynx0069 Member

just my two cents worth, i didnt have a problem backing up the dark knight using dvdfab hd decrypter 5.2.0.5, VobBlanker 2.1.3.0, and dvd shrink running nero 7 platinum.
    hope that helps those that only want to use the freeware programs, well, except for nero

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

erghhh! Less than 78hrs til I get my hands on this one. I'm probably gonna be the first one buying this one from walmart. I hear they stock between 12:00-3:00am. :D One of very few movies WORTH buying this year. I will honor Heath Ledger, it is sorta his legacy!

15. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I hope his legacy will not be linked to pity from the MPAA or the big guns behind the academy awards. It'd be a shame if he got the nod because of that and not solely on his merits of acting the role of the Joker. Quite an insult imo actually.

16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

he was best in Lords Of Dogtown

17. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi ZO. Never seen it. Guess I'll have to add it to my collection. You know a couple of my friends didn't think TDK was all that, especially after watching it the 2nd time around. I agreed myself. To each his own but man does hype go a long way.

18. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

TDK is pretty good, but not the best. I'm all ready to start up DVD-Rebuilder Pro + CCE SP2 once it's released here tuesday. Haven't used DVD-Rebuilder lately, so I guess TDK is worth it.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Just going to use a Verb DL 2.4X for TDK.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Lets just say, I can have some empathy :) :) :) :)