i can't get the forums to open up on my house comp...help?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by evnflow, May 29, 2005.

1. evnflow

evnflow Guest

i'm having trouble getting into forums and replying from my house comp....i can get on the web and browse and look around...but when i get to afterdawn...it will allow me to look at the home page but when i try to go to forums a window pops up like it is going but the only thing that show is the blue background and the windows bar moves really quick and it says it is done...but nothing appears except the blue background...i have my amount on disk space for temp internet files at max...i'm not running any other progs at the time..i have run "spydoctor" and mccaffee..(thankfully i guess nothing showed up)...but i can access the forums and reply(obviously) from other comps..also i don't have any restrictions on my websites...any help would GREATLY be appreciated...thanks in advance...

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

try reseting your browser. which browser are you using?

3. evnflow

evnflow Guest

internet explorer...yeah when i get home i'm going to try it and let you know how it turns out(hopefully)...thanks for the help....it's sad the website i have set as my home and the one i visit the most i can't get too...i just thought it was wierd cuz i can go to other sites without any trouble.....hopefully it'll let me on though

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

try to disable McAfee first. I hate McAfee.

If that doesn't work.

reset, in your security tab, everything to default.

in your programs tab, reset web settings

in the advanced tab, click Restore defaults, click apply then scroll down and check the box to Use TLS 1.0, then click apply again.

5. evnflow

evnflow Guest

thanks again..i'm going to give it a try here in a couple of hours after i get off of work...hopefully i'll be able to reply the results(which would be great)

6. evnflow

evnflow Guest

hey thanks...i didn't know mcaffee had an add-on that was enabled...once i disable those two add-ons(mcaffee)..i was able to get on...thanks

7. munx

munx Regular member

and last resort, try turning on the monitor. wakka wakka wakka