I have to know this...

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Samdaman, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Samdaman

Samdaman Member

Ok I need to know if it is possible to record something on tv with a dvd player? I am trying to and want to record Wrestlemania XIX tomorrow night onto a dvd player but i don't think i can? Any suggestions?

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

No that will not be possible, for more than one reason:
    (1) unless you purchased the $1200 dvd video recorder, you will not be able to, you probably do not have such a thing or else you would have mentioned it.
    (2) If I remember correctly that show is on pay-per-view and as such it will be encoded with some sort of copy-protection, this may not be the case in your area, but it is in mine.

3. Glenn33

Glenn33 Member

1) $1,200 for a Video Recorder? I bought my Panasonic EM30 DVD Recorder for less than half of that...and It's a pretty good piece of equipment.

2) I have recorder at several movies from Pay per view and have not had any problem.

....but without a DVD recorder my friend - no way to tape it with your player.

4. Samdaman

Samdaman Member

Oh my god are you guys saying that it is illegal to tape pay-per views? Ive done it at least 10000 times! I don't think its illegal though.....

5. PhilYang

PhilYang Guest

For just US$300, I've purchased the most powerful and best value HDD recorder+DVD player combo: Amoisonic RD100. Specifications as below:

[bold](1) Recording and playing DVD in parallel;[/bold]

[bold](2) Time-shifting function;[/bold]

[bold](3) Long time recording and HDD updateable;[/bold]

[bold](4) Copy DVD TO HDD(40GB);[/bold]

[bold](5) Compatible with DVD, CD, VCD, CD-R/RW, CD-G, Kodak Picture CD & HDCD.[/bold]

It's not pirate but share!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2003