I see alot of problems

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by jupner7, Oct 5, 2006.

1. jupner7

jupner7 Guest

Look this is not the first forum I have joined and from what I’m reading it won’t be the last.

Piracy seems to be the biggest problem.
    If you don’t want to tell someone how to pirate then don’t.
    They shouldn’t be banned for asking.
    The most intelligent people in the world are the ones who ask questions.
    I do not condone piracy but the punishment of this forum is swift and harsh.

I just saw a thread closed because he asked how to burn and play Xbox games. Now what is wrong with that question? Those things do get scratched you know. And who wants to go pay another 50 - 80 dollars for a game just because it was scratched. If you want to do that then you go ahead and do it.

Another is that the mods need to read the posts before closing and banning the person who started the thread. Just because someone linked a thread that they felt offended by doesn’t mean you should close it. That Xbox guy never even said that he wants to pirate anything. Someone just thought that he did.

One more point that may need to be taken into consideration is that if you go and make the wrong person mad there will be consequences. Now I know most of you and this includes the mods think that they are computer experts just because you sit and type into forums like this all day but you are not. As a matter of fact most of you don’t know anything about DVD movies and how to Rip, Burn, Encode, Compress or anything else in that subject. Don’t assume you know so much. Most of the software that is suggested in this forum is old and by far not the best that can be used.

I do like the free stuff though.
    If I am to be banned for this then so be it.

Please if you are going to reply, do what most of you preach and be intelligent. I am not the person with whom you should slander.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the proficiency with which you speak testifies to the truth of this statement.

no, on the contrary, i believe stupidity is the biggest problem.

we abide by that.

unless the offender is a one-hit-wonder spammer-type or excessive rule-breaker, this poster normally isn't banned, only warned.

and here we agree.

you don't condone it; neither do i, as piracy is very much for profit. however, i do imagine that you are against file sharing as well, which i very much am not; this is a trait i hold in common with many of AD's members. as for the punishment, such actions are required to maintain order in a society dominated by those undeserving of the freedoms that are possible.

that's most likely because the question has been answer an innumerable amount of times; not doing a thorough search before posting requires retribution for rule-breaking. as for your other points...don't they undermine your views against piracy/file-sharing? if an original is destroyed, should someone buy the original again and then back it up?

the mods on AD are a cut above the rest; 99.9% of the time, or more, their actions are fair and just, in accordance with the rules of this society. when they are not, a poster who feels violated is more than welcome to appeal to a staff member for a final verdict.

that's life. you don't upset the bosses, who give you access, free of charge, to the largest and most helpful knowledgebase online. [bold]this is not a democracy. you do not own AD. you have no say in how it is run.[/bold] if you don't like it, then leave.

you are quite wrong. no one here claims to be master of everything, but as we unite as one body, we form a single unit of such massive technical knowledge that none compare.

then why do we have the forums spewing with activity as we do? and all the additional threads where people come back to say, "thank you"?

you're forgetting ease of use. many people here are being introduced to such technologies for the first time, and thus they require a good base to build knowledge on. you have to walk before you run.

you seem like a file-sharer to me. changed your views, perhaps?

you haven't broken any rules, except originally posting in the wrong forum. i don't think a mod around would find this one offense warranting of a ban.

i have done so.

other than using a distorted and overly-judgemental perception to judge us as a generalized whole with, what have you given us to slander upon you?

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@jupner7 -
    - no, it's because i do Unix for a living; but i don't consider myself a computer expert even though i've been using them for 20years.
    - as it happens i know more than enough thanks (not being funny btw, i do know a fair old bit about it all)

- i never assume i know so much, in fact i'm one of life's few techies that don't condescend people who know less than me, it's unfortunately a trait i've observed in far too many techies over the years

However, back to Afterdawn postings...,i'm referring to this one and subsequent replies in that thread - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/403233/2431205 your jupner7 username was mysteriously created using the same IP address as username monoxide8, who made an appalling error of judgement here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/403205 whose thread title was a classic in utter stupidity ie "Tell me how to pirate movies right Now".

Are you saying you're not one and the same poster then ?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Somebody put me in a straight jacket, before i give this smacktard a piece of mind...
    [edit] Too late, here we go..

It seems so, indeed, as you where banned here before.

Actually, people not reading the bloody rules, and then coming up with the age old "oh, i'm sorry, i didn't know that" are one of the biggest problems. Piracy questions are just a minor nuisance in comparison.

Hence the enormous amounts of posts telling people what they're asking for is not allowed, usually followed by threads being closed swiftly.

As far as i would be concerned, they should, as it is a direct violation of the forum rules.

Would that include people that ask how to hack into your computer and more such unsavory behaviour?
    Or would you be a hypocrite and draw a line there?

Oh really? most posts are closed, only stubborn idiots that keep coming back asking the same dumb questions over and over get shown the door.

I think Auslander said it best. No need for redundant questions being asked over and over again.

It was closed because there are abot 5 stickies answering his questions, but i guess that very much like that not so clever poster, and the thousands of others that keep asking about that, you didn't take the time to read those.

Indeed, like getting the wrong tech savvie people on this forum angry can lead to very nasty results, which has been proven time and time again.
    Most people here posting about computers have jobs in the IT business, so that one can go right in the trash.

I'm nt even going to go into that crock of sh*t.

Old = reliable = good.

You really ARE a bloody hypocrite, aren't you ?

I hope they do ban you, that would probably make a lot of people smile

I don't even need to try hard on that, my I.Q. easily exceeds yours by miles.

That's too bad, cause i just did.

[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  6. creaky

/me will lend you my spare strait-jacket when i stop having to wear it for threads such as this. The other's at the cleaners (just a week's wear too).

I didn't reply to this pearl of wisdom earlier -
    - Maybe some posters need to read posts (and posts outside of that thread) before worrying about why posts are closed/posters banned. More often than not there's more to a situation than just the posts/thread in front of you.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  7. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I agree with this completly. And I have tried to bring this issue up with dRD...but as usual I am ignored. An incident happened the other night when one of the guys in the #ad_buddies chat room posted a link to a guy asking where to download ps2 games from. anyways, the guy got banned from afterdawn for it. When in the rules it clearly says

However, quotes like this deserve a kick in the balls.

8. creaky

you'd best ban me from ad_buddies then :p

9. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

huh, why?
    hehe, but of course.....your wish is my command.

10. creaky

..well it's most likely me that closed/hid the thread in question; if i recall it was an in-depth (far too in-depth) discussion on torrents, and the banning must have been for a reason; can't think what as i trawl thru soooo many threads every day

11. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

actually, all he asked for was a link to a site wich had ps2 games on it he could dl.

12. creaky

then maybe give me a link so i can see if any wrong-doing (even by me) went on. it would have been one out of far too many i would have looked at in a given day otherwise i'd remember it better..

13. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

14. creaky

okay, good job, i can't ban myself anyway as the ban button won't allow it, much like a Terminator can't self-destruct

15. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

What else is there for me to add other than I am laughing my ass off.... It's amazing how someone who says "we" profess to "think" we are computer experts as if he himself is a PC guru, yet totally contradicts EVERYTHING he has said in the thread Creaky has shown. You are a hypocrite and you need to get off your little soap box and learn to choose your words more approriately. Learn a lesson from this, since what you have spoken is a good way to show/prove the weakness of character you have; and you have no one to blame other than yourself. Not aD, not our members nor us moderators only YOU.

Auslander
    creaky
    The_Fiend

Exceptional replies. I though don't always have the tact to be as nice in a post but I do call it how I see it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

thank you. i try to be civil in the face of ....opposing forces.

17. jupner7

jupner7 Guest

Thanks for all of your replys and opinions.

Now on the subject of free stuff -

It is freeware, written by someone for everyone. Liking that dosn't qualify me as a hypocrite.

Now name calling is not necessary as it only shows your true level of intelligence. Everything I wrote about was a matter of opinion and calling me names does not help me to disagree with anything I previously posted.

old=old=old, by the way Im not talking about using beta programs but with current updates on software it becomes faster and more efficient. Or should we all use Windows 3.1 still?

Now mods dont go get all hurt ok
    You still have your pride don't you?

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you're welcome.

i smell a hint of burning in the air...maybe hear some quiet thunder in the distance.

no, but your sudden "reversal" of your views does.

well, if you're "opinion" includes insults towards the AD community as it does, can you honestly and logically not expect some form of retribution from at least a few members? think before you post, as it would seem you can't take what you're dishing out.

how much faster can new software feasibly be delivered? nevertheless, old = stability + a knowledge base / limitations of aging software ≥ much new, unproven and quickly written software

they are above your lower levels of emotions. intelligence, too. ^.^

i have yet to see you make an argument that could put a nick in the pride's multiple layers of clearcoat, much less blow it away.

*edit*
    saw a few grammar errors.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  19. jupner7

jupner7 Guest

Wow this is awesome

I love great responses like that
    They are above my lower levels of emotions, and intelligence.
    Wow that really put me in my place dude. Rock on tough guy.
    http://www.norulak.com/newpiratetee.jpg
    http://web.bvu.edu/students/pickbry/images/wallpaper/Gold BioHazarD.jpg
    http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2802/windowsxppirateseditioniy5.jpg

You are going to call down your thunder now edited by ddp but i promise that this forum will have huge problems once im done with it. Just remember that when you claim how safe you are that one of your mods just had his edited by ddp and used. HaHaHa. Cant keep there own edited by ddp safe but they can save this site.

Good Bye

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
  20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

really? i don't think so.

there's no putting someone like you in your place, man. you'll die before your arrogance lets you be humbled. however, as for toughness, there's no being "tough" online, only intelligent, mature, considerate, etc, or not. if you think being a hacker makes you tough, head into a prison. you'll be screaming how tough bubba is your first night.

this is where you betray your own intelligence, as well as the cunning you had going so far. you've exposed yourself, boyo. any respect might have gained by your strong arguments is now gone. you'll be banned soon enough, anyway.

so long and fare well. if you want a roomie in Hell, i'm checking out apartment G66, off the Lakes of Fire. wanna go in half and half?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006