1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think that memorx is the best blank media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mike955, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

ppill, Try the free version of dvdinfopro. Download the one with the advertisements. When you get her on,insert one of those memosux backups/click dvdinfopro/select drive/and click the PI/PO icon on the top. That should give you a scan. I look at the PIF total. That cmag scan of mine was 2875. Now on the verbatim +16x,my 8x burns were in the 40's,12x burns around 150/and 4x burns at 450. Way below the cmag memosux pif total,which majority of memorex media are.

Standalone can have more issues with those higher totals.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Local sales tomorrow. Memosux,likely cmags,at staples: 50 pack for $14.94= around 30 cents apiece

Office Depot 100 pack of their house brand: Ritek in 8x and Ricohs in 16x: around $30= around 30 cents each!
    This does not include the governor's share.The governor's share pretty much neutralizes the cost vs shipping charges of internet stores.

Last sale I went to,these were 20 cents each in a buy 1 spindle and get 2 free on the Office depot riteks and ricohs!

36 cents+ for ritek/prodisc: No way!Too Much. I can get the sony and fujis for 30-38 cents each when they go on sale there.

Verbatim: around 35 cents also.

Maxell hitachis: Also around 35 cents each.

Maxell riteks: 30 cents each.

On the web,the plus format does cost more. I don't understand,because local store media is the same price for either format. Even the fuji tys and the fuji prodisc/riteks/and fujifilm03 will have the same exact price when on sale,in in exact same quanity spindles! That's why I look at the shrink wrappers for Made in Japan.

We can save you a few bucks plus get you onto some high quality media which will give you less issues in the long run!

cbreton49: Same applies to you. Be cautious of most store brand name,TDK,Philips/memosux/ and everything that is not listed below.

Stick to the more trustworthy brands with the higher quality manufacturers:
    1)Taiyo yuden-authentic and not fakes
    2)Verbatim
    3) Sony- Ty in the japanese packs and decent sony in taiwanese packs.
    4)Japanese fuji
    5) Maxell-lots of hitachi's in the japanese packs.Riteks in most of taiwanese packs,and few cases of cmags.
    6) Office depot brand-Ritek and Ricohjpn.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

looks like this thread is finally coming to an end..i was just here for the "ride" :)

anyways, good pricing chart Mr. local-media expert saugmon~ thanks~ :)

i couldn't agree with you more in terms of what i would pay for media locally~

just loaded up myself 2 days ago with Taiyo Yuden, got myself about 2,000 pieces of the 8x dvd+r format YUDEN000T02 unbranded (shiny silver top)...$0.25/each~ not too shabby...not locally, but u know how i am with Taiyo Yuden... :)

good day to you all~

docTY~

3. ppills

ppills Regular member

@saugmon: It's saying my firmware version isn't up to date:
    http://img462.exs.cx/img462/6104/what14200690355pm17200691115pm.png

I could have sworn I had the latest version of my firmware (1.24). I updated it like a year ago or so and before it was 1.06. My drive is a NEC ND-3520a. I forgot where to download the firmware version so it's not helping any. :(

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

your quote speaks for itself............ a year ago !!!

get with the program pal!!!

go here, there is your update..............3.06
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_result.php?kaj=1&isces

5. ppills

ppills Regular member

Thanks for the link but I had already tried that when I was waiting for a response. Apparently it says my drive isn't found correctly?

http://img462.exs.cx/img462/9318/what14200690355pm172006101026p.png

Also, I don't think that is the correct version or something because I don't see how it could jump from v1.24 all the way up to v3.xx.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Memorex - loved the horse comment - even worse camels so nasty once they take over a waterhole other animals would rather die of thirst rather than drink after them ! and the whole thing with camels spitting sorta true they don't waste saliva it's a dessert so the basically regurgitate stomache stuff- Kings of Projectile vomiting! all this seems off topic if only slightly LOL! Memorex The Camels of the Blank DVD MEDIA WORLD !Happy burning!

7. gear79

gear79 Guest

i just typed in your drive and thats what i found...

plus you also mentioned...

and that site is up to date...

8. ppills

ppills Regular member

Yeah well it seems like a huge version jump to me, but it's not letting me flash to the new firmware anyway. Any idea why it's not? And i'm 1000% sure my drive is a NEC ND-3520a. lol.

9. RACERXdvd

RACERXdvd Member

I know everyone thinks memorex suks but every pack that I have purchaced in the past 3 months from walmart have been ritek r03 and I havent had any problems. Knock on wood.

But im glad there not cmc mag cause they are junk

just my two cent worth.........

10. gear79

gear79 Guest

@.........RACERXdvd

you just got lucky....... sooner or later, you will end up with CMC MAG.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

[bold]Is it me.... or is it Memorex?!?!?!?[/bold]

I tell you what, if you purchased any Memorex, please post the actual cost including tax and/or shipping along with the number of pieces you received and where you purchased it from. It would be nice to know how much you are spending for it compared to say, TY media.

12. ppills

ppills Regular member

I still have some Philips DVDs that were purchased about 2 years ago, they identified as CMC Magnetics Corp AE1. I burned about 5 backup DVDrip-xviD rips on each one and they still play fine in my DVP642 to this day.
    Remember they were burned as Data and not DVD-Video if that makes any difference.

So they work fine for me still even though they supposedly are "landfill material".

13. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Could you please do a Nero Disc Scan on some of your media for all to see? This way we can compare each others media with actual scans eliminating any doubt once and for all.

Let's see how they compare to one of my burns using TY+R media below:

Notice "ZERO" PI Failures and never more then 4 PI Errors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  14. 444

444 Member

I haven't had any bad experiences with memorex disks Ive had way too many using TDK's.

15. ppills

ppills Regular member

ScubaBud, My NEC ND-3520a isn't supported by neither Nero CD-DVD Speed or DVDInfo. I tried to update the firmware but it's not letting me. So i'm stuck with 1.24.
    Which means I can't run any disc quality scans ;(

16. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

@ppills

Why don't you try one of the other firmware versions besides 3.06 and see if you're able to flash?? Couldn't hurt to try.

17. ppills

ppills Regular member

I can't find anything between my version 1.24 and the newest 3.0x.

18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

As far as I am aware data dvds are less critical about the quality of media that is used. I may well be wrong though! LOL!

19. ppills

ppills Regular member

Ok I found a v3.04 firmware that actually worked. Scanning now ^_^

20. ppills

ppills Regular member

LMAO. It was at around a score of 88, then when it reached the 3 GB mark, it all went downhill from there. But, it still works flawless in my DVD player as far as i've seen... again, this is a data disc.

Note that I ran this test on 8x. If that matters...

[​IMG]

At least there wasn't any jitters ._.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.