I want to thank some members

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

We've had quite a brouhaha here that as far as I can tell is over a stupid link. I just had a look through a certain shoutbox and several threads and I want to personally thank each and every person that took part in that argument for embarrassing me and, as a person that dedicates a ton of free time keeping this site clean and ship shape, spitting in my face. I hope you all have a sense of gratification and contentment that your personal squabbles were important enough to spread throughout the site and for turning AfterDawn into such a disgusting embarassment to me that I don't want to waste my time here.

To everyone who has been fighting the good fight by courteously helping those who need it - keep on truckin'. Each and every one of you make me proud.

To those Seniors and Addicts who see fit to trash each other and paint a huge shit stain over our site for the entire web to see - thanks for nothing. I depend on you all to set an example and help me do my job, not act like you did. I shouldn't have to get in the middle of you people and start slapping hands and I'm not going to. Figure it our yourselves.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I dont know what's been going on but if we lose another highly respected member such as Nephelim then we ALL need to take a good look at ourselves and hang our heads in shame. First up it was ddp and now Neph , whats our forum becoming!!

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I wonder how long it takes for the system to get wise to the fact somebody has a non functioning email ;) Catch ya all around.

4. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Nephilim,

Well said, Ye are not alone in ye thoughts about that situation. I applaud ye willingness to express ye thoughts on this big brown sh!t stain we all wear now.

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Neph ... I really don't know what this is about but I certainly hope I didn't have a hand in it. I know that I, and many others, have a great deal of respect for you.

6. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i second what gerry says, many people like you and respect you. dont leave us. this site would be worse off that it is now without one more mod to help keep the idiots in line. just take a break for a while if you have to but dont leave for good.

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm not going to beg you to stay, neph. i'm not going to say the world will end without you, or that tomorrow every member that sticks around here won't wake up because you left. or anything else like that. but, i will say you will be missed, neph. your courtesy, your fairness, and your constantly appropriate levels of justice served have placed you with the highest regards in the eyes of many members, myself included. should you stay gone, i wish you the best in life and hope it's all the smooth sailin' you can handle.

8. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I agree with you neph. The situation reminded me of the brobear incident that created all that havoc a year ago, so I just stayed away. I hope you reconsider leaving though..

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i don't think he'll be checking that, jack.

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

There's not much more I can do then.

I might catch him later on IRC if he's around.

/me out.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

i seen it coming when i seen that crap going on in the shout box's..
    that was a hell of a embarrassment for the whole site.

those that were a part of the goings on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You can take this post as my public appology for my part in the goings on via shoutboxes. I know I was involved, no point denying it.

However, I still feel what happened was for a good reason and I'm more than happy to go down sticking up for members I respect, than backing down and losing that respect.

14. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I'll make it short and sweet.
    Neph, you will be missed bud. Hopefully, we will still see you in the #ad_buddies room.

However, I would be surprised if the_fiend is missed.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i miss dan.

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

read my post in the old timers thread about fiend.

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

yeah, i knew about that, ddp. :-(

18. billybob

billybob Regular member

Christ.

ddp, Neph, creaky, i dont see why i feel i have to do this but i still feel i do. I publicy declare my allegiance to you guys. I dont want any of you guys to go. i really dont. Whenever its been spoken about, i pm or kick up hell to try to get you guys to stay. But i never get any kind of acknowledgement or response, so im not sure if it matters to you that I WANT YOU GUYS TO STAY.

You are publicly (aD) highly respected, and without you guys this site would fold. It would be hell.

Neph, stay, and a hell of alot more people will fight the good fight. ddp, im glad your still here, please try to keep neph here.

But seriously neph, if you go, then i really do feel like leaving. well, not throwing a babyish fit like alot of other people who have got their accounts suspended, but i dont think ill be using my account much.
    Im not spitting in your face for it, i appreciate and acknowledge it ALOT. So do all the people i get on well with here. You know who they are. And the others? Screw um! Ban um, hang um. whatever um. They arent worth it. At the end of the day, they know who they are, we know who they are, and noone really cares about them.

Just dont leave.... please? Words from a 16 year old....

your efforts do NOT go unnoticed, and i cant express enough how much you are respected (by me and my friends here, at least)

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry!

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Neph, good luck buddy. Nothing but the best for you if our paths don't cross again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.