1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilovetorrents troubles (let's not have a go at any more Grandma's thanks)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by drj78, Aug 20, 2007.

1. newton2

newton2 Member

that must have been what happened to the rest of us, since I'm not cynical, and I don't live by House's rule "everybody lies" :)
    call me a softie.

There are probably tons of things that can go wrong, and they have a good reason to be impatient with newbies. I think in my case it might have to do with the fact that my internet connection was unreliable at the time, and I had to re-open the torrents several times a day. This should not be a problem one would say, but it's the only thing out of the ordinary I can think of. Always downloaded torrents completely and seeded back every torrent at least 200%.

2. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Hasnt been said here yet but you have to park your account if you dont plan on accessing it in the next 30 days. A lot of people lose their membership that way. Not sure if it applies here, just mentioning.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you just keep seeding a torrent you should have no problem at all!

4. mikejh25

mikejh25 Member

I am now getting this error, no warnings not reasons, if you attempt to mail the forbidden email address it comes back saying mail box does not exisit.

I am a power user with a good ratio I use the site everyday and seed all the time, this is a really crappy way of treating good seeders.

If someone is a member could they check my account info to see if its banned or something I really don't know what their issue is?!!

account is mikejh

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it would be hard to check your status with your user name and password because they check your name with your ip address! also the site is not all that good, there are plenty of sites that have much more torrents!

6. mikejh25

mikejh25 Member

ILT was great for movies and ps2 have not found any other sites like it so far

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

mikejh25 it would be a verry good thing to edit your post because asking for invites is a big no no and could get you banned!! just a heads up!

8. crzymike

crzymike Guest

well I'm giving up. i try all the torrent out there and there all full.i was a good member at ILT been with them for yrs and it hurts me ..that there not that many ppl that like to share and help those that are always doing good.well i will keep trying.some day i will find a new torrent home to start all over and get comfortable all over again

9. schweet

schweet Guest

ILT are one of the worst priv trackers anyway, you're not missin much if you're not a member of ILT, terrible DL speeds.

schweet
    ...is wasted

10. coanjunk

coanjunk Member

Well yesterday I tried to get onto ILT site, and said it was FORBIDDEN - and to e-mail forbidden (at) ilt.com site - which resulted in a returned message since the box was not real.

My ISP recently changed (last month), so I thought maybe something was wrong with my ISP - so I went to the site through another ISP, and signed on with a message saying "This account has been disabled."

Plus reading everything I can, there is NO WAY to contact the site without being signed on to the site, and making a second account would be breaking the rules.... so I guess I'm just screwed.

I don't believe I have ever broken any rules. I have donated money in the past, my ration was just around 1:1, I always download full things, plus was recently seeding a 4+ gig file to 4x to help my ratio.

You know if I did something wrong, then I would understand being banned - but I did nothing, and there is no way for me to find out what I did wrong or why I was banned. I was looking for contact information when I found this thread, and now I'm starting to think that I should just save myself some time and give up on ILT now. Sad, it's been such a nice site up until now.

11. mikejh25

mikejh25 Member

Yeah same issue I had, although I had about 300 gb more uploads then downloads, nice way to treat members huh?

12. SWORDZMIN

SWORDZMIN Guest

13. SWORDZMIN

SWORDZMIN Guest

i have decided to leave this site as i can't be parted from my CAPS LOCK button i'm not allowed to swear every second word.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  14. TaaDow

TaaDow Member

It would seem I have joined the ranks of banned members.

I had a ration well over 2:1 and always seeded to at least a 1:1 on every download.

Now I'm banned for no obvious reson and have no way of contacting them from this PC to get an explanation.

This just makes no *bleep* sense. ILT has never reached it's server capacity and is always looking for new members and yet the juvinile *bleep* running it apparently are a little ban-happy.

I used to view the site from work to see if there would be anything to download when I got home, but I only ever downloaded from one IP...

After all the time spent maintaining a great ratio only to get the boot for no apparent reason, I genuinly hope the families of these people die horrible suffering deaths while the mods have to watch helpless... just to make me feel better.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

TaaDow - let's keep the foul language off the forums thanks

16. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

get over it you got banned for something you did for breaking the rules, would you like some cheese and crackers with that wine?

17. mikejh25

mikejh25 Member

MY guess is that ILT is just clearing any accounts that are a certain age and have not donated to the site, despite good ratios.

18. newton2

newton2 Member

Good thinking, BUT... I was only a member for a month or so. And all the other suggestions mentioned on this forum before (bad ratio, cheating, downloading only parts, other trackers, etc.) don't apply to me either. So they probably did get "ban-happy".
    But it doesn't matter. There's other sites, and all the effort of keeping a good ratio isn't wasted, because other users benefited from that.

19. Chosen80

Chosen80 Guest

Hi there,

I was just banned on Ilovetorrents a few days ago and I have no idea why. The site says it is forbidden. I donated less than 3 months ago and my ratio was 1.8+ ... moderator or admin, can you please check and email me at *removed*.

My username was chosen80... the email address was different as I recently moved cities!

Please help!

Chosen80

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
  20. mikejh25

mikejh25 Member

Don't like your chances, I am sure there are a few mods that read these pages but telling people why they have been banned from ILT seems alittle beyond them. Current members keep in mind that if you donate this doesnt cover you from being randomly banned