1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilovetorrents troubles (let's not have a go at any more Grandma's thanks)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by drj78, Aug 20, 2007.

1. billgato

billgato Member

I'm wondering if there might be an issue at the ILT website. I have been a member for the last couple of years and have a ratio of over 2.1. I know that "hitting and running" is an offense that can get me banned without cause (and I have been DLing and powering down my computer--perhaps causing the mods to think I'm hitting and running), but I'll give it some time before panic sets in.

2. batman30

batman30 Member

Ive recently switched ISP's So I got a new account over at ILOVETORRENTS. I must say that it is definitely open today. I just logged in. I know they banned me for no reason before. Its not that great of a place anyhow. Everything that is on there are on many other Private safe trackers with twice the speed. Beside ILT spams Sooooo much with there Donate crap. I donate to a few sites a month. I would never there.

3. lolisiah

lolisiah Member

i got banned from ilovetorrents for cheating my over all upload, my ratio was not up to par and i downloaded a program that boosts up my over all upload. Then a day later i got banned! I know what i did was wrong and now i'm kicking my self for that one.

4. tommymsw

tommymsw Member

I got banned from ILT too. They don't seem to have very smart people working there. I have great standings with other sites. I have over 3T of shared material that I share 24/7 for years before removing! I signed up with them and downloaded 3 Wii games to start, I chose ones that had low seeders so I could help. My ratio started at .05 but I figured they must give you some time to get your share up. The next day I get a warning not to download anything new so I did not. I force seeded all 3 games. Then I noticed that my games were not seeding... that is when I noticed that I was banned! Now they forced me to leech becasue I can not even seed the games I have! Each game has 3 or 4 seeder! NO WONDER! they ban everybody who tries to seed! What a bunch of idiots! Don't they know it takes time to seed? I feel bad for anybody who loves torrents and sharing that think they are actually going to be involved in a share community from these guys! Guess thats why Demonoid has hundreds of seeders and these guys have 3! What a horrible name they chose! Meat heads!

5. MIKYPLUM

MIKYPLUM Member

HI, I TOO AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, CAN GO ONTO MY MATES COMP, AND GRT ONTO THE SITE OK, AND WE ARE BOTH ON VIRGIN,I TOO NEED THE CURE

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I need bifocal specs after reading that. Please stop abusing that poor CAPS LOCK button, keyboards have feelings.

7. Phx12

Phx12 Member

To the dude who got banned because they were "boosting" their upload speed, don't feel bad. I don't know if the staff there knows how to tell a legitimate big uploader from someone who is boosting.

I own a seedbox, so I thought I'd use it to build ratio. Legit way to do it, it's actual speed, and it helps any site out. So, had one of their torrents already and began to upload and also grabbed a Wii game. Over the next 24 hours, I uploaded about 200 GB worth of stuff on only 4GB of download. And yet, the next morning, my IP was banned and my account was disabled. Sucks, huh?

I would love to get a hold of someone on staff because I don't mind sharing the seedbox info that I use and proving that it was legitimate upload, not anything fake, but who knows where to find an actual staffer outside of the site, because all of their "help" options require a login. You can't get help when your account gets disabled. :)

Anyways, hopefully I can get back on there, but it seems counterproductive if they're chasing away people who are willing to be very big upload contributors.

8. crimghost

crimghost Member

hmm, the thread that wouldn't die. Some doubters might want to consider the validity of some of the pleas posted here. ILT should consider that they may be doing exactly as phx12 posted "I don't know if the staff there knows how to tell a legitimate big uploader from someone who is boosting."

I was banned quite a long time ago now, after downloading a torrent file from ILT and helping to seed the data rather than leeching it from ILT initially increasing both their speed and my ratio. Evil huh?

The point is this issue just keeps popping it's head back above water, and the site would really, genuinely improve if better consideration were given to it's users. Could this be due validity of the complaints? Bans on most other sites don't seem to draw the attention and passion for both sides of the arguement that this particular site does. It's like an iron fist of ignorance to some, and to the uneffected it appears as tight security and wise discretion (until it happens to them).
    It's sad to see the situation over there has still not improved.

9. Phx12

Phx12 Member

Well, and I get some of the things they may be worried about. I get that probably 99 out of 100 of these such requests are not legit, are people who want something for nothing and who might be boosting. I'm not naive, I get that this is a majority of the stuff. I get that they feel like they have to keep their security tight. All of that makes total sense, but there's no room for common sense seemingly and ZERO way to get a hold of anyone.

* The e-mail address on that ban page, forbidden at ilovetorrents.com? Worse than just bouncing, it fails to properly relay the message, leaving it in limbo for 24 hours before it even tells you it didn't get there. So, this address is bunk.

* The pages you can see (from another IP address) talk about a support area in IRC, irc dot ilovetorrents.com. Connections there are refused, and I've tried from multiple locales, so it's not a case of IP's being banned from the IRC world, their server just doesn't function. I get that this is probably the most safe method for communication because it's more underground, but they pimp it in the FAQ and it's just not running.

I do not feel it would be right to come on another forum or another thread and discuss the problems without trying to make a good faith effort to get a hold of them first and say "hey, this is legit, I will show you!", but there just doesn't appear to be a way to do that.

I don't even want to know or care how they choose to ban someone, but if their own promised methods of communication worked, a lot of these forum posts probably would never even need to exist.

10. lolisiah

lolisiah Member

When i got banned from ilovetorrents, it appeared that my static ip got banned, so i found a way to change my static ip without calling comcast to change it.
    1. you need a wireless router
    2. get a lap-top to connect to the router
    3. log-in to the router and find something like "MAC Address Clone" (linksys router)
    What this option dose is it takes your laptops "nic" mac address and replaces the mac address from the routers saved mac address to register the address to your ISP.???
    Now you have to understand that your ISP registers a specific static ip address to a unique mac address, so if you change that mac address then the ISP is force to change your static ip address.
    4. (in the linksys router) make sure the option to clone your mac address is enabled, and click the "Clone your PC's MAC" then restart your computer.

This method worked for me, and i was able to go back on ilovetorrets and download again, but this time i did not donate. Hope this worked for you.

Some ISP's will not change your address, but comcast sure will, tell me if it worked.

11. Phx12

Phx12 Member

An IP address won't help you much when the account is disabled too. :)

12. lolisiah

lolisiah Member

well ya, i was forced to make a new one. lol

13. InfamousF

InfamousF Guest

This is true but those sites with private trackers that get onto public sites aren't doing sometime right! For example this torrent site http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp don't get on public torrent sites. See for yourself and http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp don't suck.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
  14. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Edit: back up and running. Must have been crashed for a day or so!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  15. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

ilove torrents is not that good of a site so if you get banned just say by and go some where else

16. scum101

scum101 Guest

I made an account just to help 40 people who were at 98% on some nds roms.. took maybe 30k off them.. shared it among the others in the swarm.. had a look at the site.. tried a few of the busy torrents.. was unimpressed with the speed .. gave back to a ratio of 4.82 and then got banned for "cheating" .. hahahaha

anyway.. I have a good proxy.. I can get another account any time.

lots of new sites are opening up and people are starting to host music on blogs.. nice to know.

17. elsamboys

elsamboys Regular member

thanks you very much for your graet infos, it works, i just start a new account for ILT, they been banned my acccount few months ago, nw i back to them, for me, it's a pretty good site for downloads. :)
    another site called "heavens_above.biz", they banned my account also, since i got my new ip adress, i can access to their page, unfortunately they don't accept new member at this time, i will try again some other days, pretty site too.

18. ssbmloler

ssbmloler Member

ilovetorrents banned me today for no reason a little over a year later i'm guessing because I get the nothing to see here page. My ratio was 1tb down and 3tb up. These are approximate but I was definatly a contributer(full seasons and dvd's uploaded as well!). I'm not really mad because I'm a member of other sites and have a massive ratio as well but I wanna warn other people that consider this to be a shoot someone in the face moment. I'm sure you can find other sites that aren't so obsessive for money that they will prune people that havn't donated...just my guess since 2 times a week I get a donation offer that is exactly the same as last month. Either way everyone is a pwoer user at this site so good luck keeping a new account for more than a week! Buncha ratio jackers if you ask me.

19. gerardomx

gerardomx Member

you were banned, it happened to me too well cause i didnt seed!

20. mbkobra

mbkobra Member

Hello Blog101

I'm unsure if I have been banned on Ilovetorrents.com could you check for me? The username could be mbkobra or mbkobra6048. I just realized that user id mbkobra6040 email address was recently deleted by yahoo (I guess for lack of usage) so i speculate that could contribute to the problem.

However when i attempt to login i get:

Login failed user name or password incorrect

when i click reset my password and enter my email address i get: error
    the email address mbkobra@???????? (was not found in the database
    the email address mbkobra6048@???? was not found in the database

or when I attempted to create a new account it told me my "the ip xxx.xxx.xx.xxx is already in use" I am sure my ratio was good as i would seed things for weeks before removing them.

Would you please check for me and advise how to correct this matter. I really love the site.

I went back to yahoo and recreated the account for user id mbkobra6048; so if indeed that is the issue please reset my account.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010