1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilovetorrents troubles (let's not have a go at any more Grandma's thanks)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by drj78, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mbkobra

mbkobra Member

Forgot to say in my previous post...I went back to yahoo and recreated the account *removed* so if indeed that is the issue please reset my account.

Thanks

Again

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Email address removed, Forum Rules are in my signature.

3. prash_250

prash_250 Member

hello guys.... i am not able to download any movies from this site because i get some error notice in bit torrent trackers, it says 'failure: error, mainline(all version) wil not work in ilovetorrents please use another client (not DHT friendly). i dont no what to do please help me out.......

4. Chauk

Chauk Member

Don't feel bad about ILT. Their draconian attitude makes their download speeds look unattractive. I was just banned from their site for low ratio. Spent a month working to get to power user and then committed suicide by downloading a large file. It may be strange that I really don't care for torrents which probably led to the lax attitude about ratio.
    403 Forbidden
    Nothing to see here, move along!!!!

Contact Us at forbidden(at)ilovetorrents.com

I take it that the above is the message you saw. I assume that contact us is an email address for contacting them.

5. Chauk

Chauk Member

Strange, this rule sounds like a contradiction to the purpose of another rule I read on their site.

6. chicpea

chicpea Guest

Chauk, I have just been reading your post on another forum about this site. seems you couldn't be bothered to seed back a massive 25gb torrent, thats why you were banned.

OK, have a go at a site if you were the innocent party, but start having a go because you could not be bothered with their rules is just childish, seems others on that other forum comes to the same conclusion, is that why you stopped posting over there.

and yes, I have recently signed up to ilovetorrents and I think its not bad, not the best, but not as bad as some of you make it out to be either, theres always 2 sides to a story

7. ssbmloler

ssbmloler Member

I've been uploading virus to ilovetorrents with vpn. Come check out my game packs lol.

8. Chauk

Chauk Member

I wasn't saying it is a bad site. Just pointing out problems with private trackers as pointed out to me by a public tracker. It wasn't me that didn't bother to seed it was the site that would not let me. The site operators are so arrogant as to blind themselves as are a lot of others that it's always the leech's fault. I say it is the fault of the uploaders and their desire to dominate and steal ratio. No problem with that at Demonoid. I have a 3+ ratio there and they don't even track it. Why do you think ILT makes such arrogant rules about ratio? You think it's because they want it to be fair. I have more TBytes of stuff to share than all of ILT's administrators combined but none are worthy of it yet. They will never know what they missed and probably don't care as I don't. AS I SAID before just curious as to how private trackers work. Don't really care for them or torrents either. There are just to many other sources for stuff. However, I do find an occasional but rare and tedious to find torrent. Always disappointed when I stumble into a better alternative.

9. chicpea

chicpea Guest

according to the other thread on the other forum, the torrent in question was already 5 months old,I doubt very much the uploader would have still been on it, and I have been told, to be banned for bad ratio, you get a minimum of 3 warnings, and thats if you are not seeding, if seeding no matter how slow, they give you the time (and yes, I do know about that, as it happened to me)my warnings were automatic, given by the system, the the admin I spoke to said as long as was seeding, I wouldn't get banned. It took me over week, but I did it. All the staff I have spoken to have really been helpful.
    Chauk, I think public trackers are the way to go for you, stay away from private trackers, some I belong to are 10 times more strict than ilovetorrents.

10. chicpea

chicpea Guest

I am not going to pretend to be polite to you, you are just full of bullshit! what? I hear your mother shouting you to bed.

sorry afterdawn staff, couldn't help myself

11. Chauk

Chauk Member

according to the other thread on the other forum, the torrent in question was already 5 months old,I doubt very much the uploader would have still been on it, and I have been told, to be banned for bad ratio, you get a minimum of 3 warnings, and thats if you are not seeding, if seeding no matter how slow, they give you the time (and yes, I do know about that, as it happened to me)my warnings were automatic, given by the system, the the admin I spoke to said as long as was seeding, I wouldn't get banned. It took me over week, but I did it. All the staff I have spoken to have really been helpful.
    Chauk, I think public trackers are the way to go for you, stay away from private trackers, some I belong to are 10 times more strict than ilovetorrents.[/quote]

I was aware of all and yes I find public trackers more to my liking as far as torrents go. Being focused on other types of media and PC that was seeding crashed is probably the reason for the ban. Twice it gave warning and immediately removed warning before crash. The 25Gb torrent has been replaced by the nearly 400Gb of DvD files and all it cost me is the ~$30 worth of HDD space but I also have DvD quality instead of slightly less than VHS quality.

12. Torrentguy

Torrentguy Member

I wouldn't use ilovetorrents since my isp told me i downloaded an illegal movie from them and asked if I'd like to file a report. I was getting forbidden from the site 1 week previous so I'm guessing your isp was told by some shady uploader or member at ilt that you where violating copyrights. If you ask me I would stay away. I've heard from my friend that still has membership that the site is literally halved within a month anyway, probably a lot of people getting mail I'm guessing.