i'm curious...can you ID these files....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by {TKO}, Dec 8, 2003.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i ran my defrag and i noticed that the biggest files frag'ed are files i can't get to and i have no idea what the fffffffffrench fries they are....

c:doucuments and settings\owner\ntuser.dat.LOG

c:\System Volume Information\_restore{608E1125-7C4E-83A4-1109449703F0}\RP36\snapshot\_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE
    at the RP36 i also have RP35, RP34...., and i also have RP33\A0002535.dll, 2536.dll....etc.......what the fffffolic acid are these files....like i said i am mostly curious since i have never seen these files in my life...thanx

2. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

the first one is some sort of file windows uses to write down what u r doing, like a temp file maybe, the second is a registry resore file or string

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

and that meeeeeannnnnnnns wut exactly?....thanx for the info so far

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

The C:\System Volume Information\ directory is where Windows saves the restore points if you have created any. Sometimes a restore point is created automatically, like when you upgrade to SP1. To access that folder you have to go through quite a few steps. http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q309/5/31.ASP&NoWebContent=1
    It's really nothing you should be messing with directly though, there are other ways to delete system restore points.

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

aaaaaahhhh...that helps...thanx to both you guys....i really appreciate it....peace