ImgBurn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mumzee, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Hi my friends, I have started having a problem with my ImgBurn and I don't know if I need to download an updated free version.....the last 2 times I burned something this is the error that came up: device control(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME)FAILED! device {2'1'0} HL_DT_ST DVD+EW GSA-H73NB103 (RAID) unable tolock vollume for exclusive (E:) access reason: access is denied CANCEL TRYAGAIN CONTINUE I press continue and it burns just find and the sound is fine so why is this happening? As usual I will be anxiously waiting for my AD friends to help me with this problem.....have a great day :)

2. attar

attar Senior member

When it happens, use Task manager to see if another burning application or process is running:I have sometimes seen two instances of Imgburn running because one hasn't shut down gracefully.

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi Mumzee, please try attar's great advice. I believe he is spot on !

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

attar is correct about Imgburn, Imgburm may still be trying to complete a task or some other application is keeping it busy so the drive isn't free yet(why this happens sometimes, who knows?). Using task manager my help in identifying what process is running, but it doesn't alway display what you need to see.

Try using unlocker, it works.
    http://www.freewarebb.com/downloads.html&req=download&code=do_download&id=3827

Unlocker is the solution to the following types of Windows error messages

*Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
    *Cannot delete file: Access is denied
    *There has been a sharing violation.
    *The source or destination file may be in use.
    *The file is in use by another program or user.
    *Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Just right click on imgburn and choose unlocker, it will display what process is keeping it busy and gives you the option to simply click Unlock All .

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  5. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Thanks for the advice but I tried downloading the the unlocker but nothing happened so what am I doing wrong.....FYI I am the only one on my pc so I don't know what's going on so HELP this blonde ole lady LOL :) check back in a few..........

6. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

What part are you having trouble with mumzee? With the actual download, the install, or using.
    Download from the link that johnl123 posted: http://www.freewarebb.com/downloads.html&req=download&code=do_download&id=3827
    Once downloaded, double click the file to begin the installer. Uncheck anything you don't want installed, like the ebay item especially.

7. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

I tried again just now and to check if it installed I right clicked on ImgBurn and clicked on unlock and it comes up with a prompt to install if I trust this sight but when I do it still doesn't install I feel real stupid because I never have any trouble downloading whatever AD friends tell me too..........should there be an icon on my desk top if it installed? Thanks for everyones patience because I'm stumped!! Will check back in about an hour or so.....I'm hard-headed and never quit til I get it right :)

8. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Go to your ==>Start Menu ==> Programs
    If it is installed then you should be able to find it in the list of programs.
    If it is there, then click on the "Start Unlocker Assistant" tab.

9. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Edit: Just sunk in what you were doing ;) If ImgBurn tells you that a drive is locked (E: drive in your instance) then you need to go to that drive icon under your My Computer tab and right click on it, not ImgBurn, and run the unlocker program. ImgBurn is not what is locked, your drive is. Maybe my little epiphany can help you out...... I hope so anyway :)

10. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Thanks, going to try it right now will get back to you in a few

11. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Ok when I right clicked on the E drive and clicked on run unlocker it said "no locking handle found" then I ckd my programs and I uninstalled the unlock program that I tried to install and no I do not already have that program........I did go into properties of ImgBurn and deleted 8 movies that I had done from that file (yes I delete all my movies each time I'm done) I just found them in my ImgBurn......so I have to do another movie and when I'm ready to burn I will see what happens....also ? I downloaded the new HDFab a couple of weeks ago was I suppose to delete the old one because I have 2 icons now and so they're 2 different programs..........thanks for all the help, still don't know why I can't download that program successfully but hopefully clearing that out I may have solved it time will tell.........will keep you all posted if I still need help (but a blonde always needs help LOL).....my AD family is the bomb!!

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Moved to appropriate forum as not a DVD Shrink issue.

13. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

If the option to unlock showed up when you right clicked on the drive, then you have the program installed. Then it told you that no locking handle was found, which means that there are no other programs "hijacking" the drive at this moment.

14. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

ImgBurn is working fine since I cleaned out the ImgBurn files...... thanks for all the help.........and I'm sorry I noticed a reply I didn't see before about finding the correct thread that this isn't a dvdshrink problem...........I started the ImgBurn thread so why is it the wrong thread.....noone ever mentioned dvd shrink.......ok thank you my AD friends for all the help and til next time everyone take care :)

15. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Yes you started a thread named ImgBurn, but you started it in the DVDShrink Forum. Loco took care of it for you though.....say "Thank You Loco!"

16. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Thank You Loco :) So teach me, when I need help where do I go to find the thread I need, I have never been taught that....gotta go to work have a great day

17. vballstud

vballstud Guest

18. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

vballstud - whilst it is true that self-help and self-searching are well underused abilities on far too many threads, we also have a common saying around these parts ~ "If you have nothing of value to post, do not post".
    Please leave the torturing of members to the moderators. Even i (very frequently) want to tell people to search, but unfortunately we have to gradually wean people off habits such as these..

20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You seem to be finding this one just fine, but in the future "My Account" and then "List of my Subscriptions" or something to that effect. Enjoy.