1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - BAD MEDIA - UK

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by HomerJ, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StinHambo

StinHambo Guest

Brobear, I don't work for Conrexx.

There is no turf war between SVP and Conrexx.

Conrexx are a European distributor for Ritek, SVP are an online reseller mainly for e-Net products.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

sammorris
    The best evaluation and most common sense I've seen used today. Kudos to you sammorris. Too many people with personal gain trying to influence sales. If you go back, it's a pattern that developed in the thread. I've also seen a similar pattern on other forums. It's ironic that I saw someone named Hambo on one doing the same pitch. Probably no relation to StinHambo of Conrexx.

In other words, "buyer beware".

3. Flash-

Flash- Guest

I have watched this thread closely since my confrontation with the Geek and have seen several references to the Mountains & Streams. About which I published a report and received an email from Ritek regarding the report.
    Lets not start slinging mud about before we realise that Conrexx was one of the first distributors to introduce this media into the European market

4. StinHambo

StinHambo Guest

It is a shame that Ritek even release such crap into the market in the first place.

Surely they should destroy it like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden do?

5. brobear

brobear Guest

StinHambo
    In our discourse yesterday, you lead me to believe you were an insider with Conrexx and knew the business. If not, does that mean everything you were saying is just something you picked up on a forum? If you're not in the business, how did you know Mr Wang is on vacation? Are you his friend, employee, or an acquaintance, possibly a family member? In one of the threads here on AD, it may have been this one, there was a rep from SVP that came on an addressed the issue of being "slagged off" by competitors on the forum. And you say no turf war. From Meritline USA I got the connection with SVP as well as Meritline in Australia. I noticed in another thread you were saying the Australians needed better websites for net sales. You presented yourself as an insider there as well. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105540

Seems you are undermining your credibility to try to influence us again on a single point.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Flash
    I've seen different reports on that "Mountain-Stream" Ritek media. Everything from it not being intended for developed nations to batches of it stolen on the way to the incinerator. Even heard mention some bad media got past inspection. Most of this from 3rd party publications. What was the report you got from Ritek on that one? You said you did a report on the matter, can I see a copy and where. You can PM the info if you don't want to put it on the forum. I'm thinking I may have seen an excerpt of what you did. That was interesting though about Conrexx being the first to sell the junk to the UK. Bet that is a black eye they don't publicize very much.

7. StinHambo

StinHambo Guest

Your assumption was "As a sales person involved with the Conrexx/Ritek connection"

Yes I am a sales person with a connection. This doesn't mean I work for them. I am also connected to Verbatim, Ricoh, Conrexx, Ritek etc...

I have been involved in the media industry for nearly 8 years. I know a lot of things and a lot of people.

I don't rely on what people say on forums. I rely on what the manufacturers say.

With regards to the Australian quote, try looking at the net side. It is not as sophisticated as the UK or the US.

8. StinHambo

StinHambo Guest

D Grade media is never intended to be incinerated and it's not stolen either.

Ritek have an agreement with e-Net for them to sell their lower grade stuff over the continent and soon to Dubai and US. Conrexx sell it so as not to lose business to e-Net.

Conrexx were not the first to sell it by the way.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

StinHambo
    Now I've heard it all. Companies in competition to see who can sell crap to the consumers the most. You just gave reason enough to question the business practices of Conrexx and Ritek. I thought you were protecting them.

Glad to see you shed some light on the sale of crappy media. Seems Conrexx is guilty of cutting the same corners you accused SVP of. I'll have to keep in mind now that Ritek intends to sell crappy media to the American public.

According to your information Ritek seems to want to destroy the trust of their largest and best market. That's called destroying a market. We are to believe a major company is going to threaten their future income to make a quick buck. Hope they don't do it because the American public is quick to pick up on junk merchandise and take their business elsewhere.

That guarantee Meritline gives would run them out of business with crappy media like you say is intended to be shipped. If what you say is true, I feel sorry for Ritek and its American subsidiaries.

I appreciate your letting us in on these shady practices. I'm surprised you still ally yourself with the group. I guess you have to make a living though. I hope your company doesn't figure out who you are for "letting the cat out of the bag". I've heard of people being fired for less.

10. Flash-

Flash- Guest

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Flash
    Thanks. Seems the official Ritek stance is that it was a mistake. Now we find Conrexx was guilty of selling the shoddy merchandise to the UK consumers so they could compete with shady net sales of eNet. Even more confusing is StinHambo's statement that Ritek intends to damage their American market with the crap. I'd bet you won't hear any more from Ritek at this late date. They're probably doing one of those vacation tricks until the stink blows over.

12. Dave22

Dave22 Guest

Folks who are conrexx any way they are blasted haulage company that were in the right place at the wrong time

And you will find that the Mountain and Stream non-graded media that came into the UK came in via Conrexx's official importer in the UK (Stinhambo you know who that is don't you), I will give you a hint they are around Huddersfield way.

:.(

13. jase

jase Guest

At least if you sell it untouched with the landscape/Mountain+Streams design intact, the savvy buyer can work out that these are low-grade. My personal experience with these discs was that they weren't necessarily as bad as the ones Flash reviewed -- it was something of a crap-shoot.

As has been pointed out, e-net were selling these overprinted specifically as "Grade A", which IMHO is misleading the customer.

At the end of the day, whether it's e-net, Medea, Conrexx or whoever, if they are offered a good deal they'll take it, such is the nature of the competition. We the consumers end up being shafted when a percentage of the discs in that "deal" are wronguns. It's not going to change any time soon.

A lot of the problems are caused by repackaging of bad, returned media, and I'm sure the resellers are as much to blame in this regard as the distributors.

Too many sharks about.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2004
  14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Thanks to brobear, even though i'm not that knowledgable (is that spelt right?) on the topic of recordable media, its nice to know i'm appreciated, if just on a hold-the-thread-together issue!!! :)

Overprinting Grade B or D media with a grade A sticker is not just misleading the customer, it's also lying to the customer, and probably isn't legal in many areas. IMHO, it would be best to just stay away from these manufacturers, even if you are ignoring good media, there are plenty of alternatives available, why take the risk?

15. StinHambo

StinHambo Guest

Dave22 I know exactly who you are talking about ;)

16. Londor

Londor Guest

Some people seem to forget that Conrexx is RITEK Europe. I contacted RITEK asking whether Ridisc/Rivision was a RITEK brand and this is their reply:

[bold]Dear ------,

RIDISC and RIVISION are certainly not RITEK brands, so definitely not the same as RIDATA.

RITEK markets its media under the following brand names:
    - Traxdata
    - RIDATA
    - Arita
    - RITEK

When buying these brands you can be assured that you buy genuine RITEK media!

Best regards,
    Jacob van der Hoeven
    Conrexx Technology / RITEK Europe[/bold]

Whoever says that Ridisc is the same as Ridata is lying. It is as simple as that.

Brobear it seems that you keep getting things completely wrong. I never quote Mr. Yang nor I know who "Totos" is. It seems that you rather believe what it is writen in some websites instead of what RITEK has to say about it. Oh well, it shows how well you understand things.

17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Jesus Christ people. Can we try making a point without taking personal jabs at someone?

This is directed at no one in particular and everyone in general.

Spirited debates are a great thing and get the juices flowing but lets not let this degrade into a schoolyard fight.

We all need to keep in mind that this forum is for the benefit of everyone, not personal pride so there's no place for thin skin bickering alrighty?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Got Indie? http://cdbaby.com/

My Movies! http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim

Forum rules! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah, this slag-9ff-fest is getting pretty annoying!!!

19. Dave22

Dave22 Guest

Quote:
    [bold]
    Some people seem to forget that Conrexx is RITEK Europe. I contacted RITEK asking whether Ridisc/Rivision was a RITEK brand and this is their reply:

Dear ------,

RIDISC and RIVISION are certainly not RITEK brands, so definitely not the same as RIDATA.

RITEK markets its media under the following brand names:
    - Traxdata
    - RIDATA
    - Arita
    - RITEK

When buying these brands you can be assured that you buy genuine RITEK media!

Best regards,
    Jacob van der Hoeven
    Conrexx Technology / RITEK Europe

Whoever says that Ridisc is the same as Ridata is lying. It is as simple as that.

Brobear it seems that you keep getting things completely wrong. I never quote Mr. Yang nor I know who "Totos" is. It seems that you rather believe what it is writen in some websites instead of what RITEK has to say about it. Oh well, it shows how well you understand things.[/bold]

Hi ya Londor.

I see where you are coming from but you forget that even though Ridisc and Rivision are not brands of Ritek and that is obvious if you goto the Ridisc web site, there is no mention of the brand being a Ritek brand, But and it is a big BUT. The disks are G04 and are made on the production lines in Asia along side Traxdata and all other G04 based disks all of the G04 disks coming of the lines are as we all know silver to start of then they are screen printed for the poeple who are buying them.

I just get a little miffed when we have certain members on here slating certain media suppliers just because they choose not to buy the media from a haulage company who got a lucky break with transporting memorex media around europe.

If you have been in this business for a while you will remeber that Traxdata's G03 media was poor quality towards the G04 media coming on to the market and also that Arita is ritek's own way of getting rid of there B/C grade media.

Or am I wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2004
  20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol don't ask me!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.