Installed Xecuter 3 CE w/ Xapt3r and will not boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by trx250r, May 20, 2009.

1. trx250r

trx250r Member

I have a version 1.4 xbox i bought the solderless xapt3r and the xecuter 3 ce I have installed the mod but it don't work the x3 is red when you turn on the xbox it powers up and then powers off powers up and then powers off power up and the red and green light flash around the eject button. I remove the xecuter off the xapt3r and everything works fine. I check and the xapt3r I have 3 blue leds and 1 red one for the DO just like I am suppose to. I have double check and triple check everything. Don't know what to do now. mine looks like this http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23718

I have check all my connection and looks like I have everything correct for the wiring. any I deals? could someone put me in the right direction

2. trx250r

trx250r Member

went back in and took the xapt3r out and solder the wire header in and does the same thing

3. varnull

varnull Guest

you either have a short between the pinheader pins or have done something else wrong.. a likely suspect is breaking the D0 line

another cause.. and this is a real goody.. check the pins that the controller port plugs fit in to . if a pin is bent over touching another instead of going into the plug it will cause a frag XD

happy hunting .. it's an assembly problem or a soldering problem.

4. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i once had a guy that had the same problem, those solderless things are really picky. you have to align it just over the d0 point. that is a pain in the ass. just give it a few more tries, it will take eventually.

your d0 point is oke if your xbox boots without the chip. you are scre... when it also frags without the chip, then your d0 is fried.

5. trx250r

trx250r Member

done away with the solder part and soldered it in instead of using the easy way and it worked perfect.

Thanks it was a connection problem