Internet Booster Wireless Thingy...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by okthen12, Nov 5, 2007.

1. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

What do you call that router/modem that does not need to be plugged into a adsl, instead it uses the signal you already have and makes it bigger so u can use it all around the house....
    Or am i talking BS.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you mean a wireless router? you still need that plugged into your adsl line. but it will broadcase wireless over whatever range it is rated for. you'll need a wireless card on each pc that you want to use that signal.

3. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

No i mean a device which boosts the signal around your house, say your wireless router is one end of the house, and the signal booster is in the middle, therefore you use the ps3 (in my case) which is too far from the wireless router.

4. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you might be talking about a wireless range extender. You already have an existing wireless router system setup and want to extend the range over the house. If you are on a wired system, then Auslander is right. It is a router and you will need to have that plugged in to your asdl line to broadcast the signal.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

okthe12, what you're talking about is a wireless repeater.

that's not your only option, though. several can be found here.

6. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Thanks for helping me. :D