Internet connection trouble after transfering xbox files w/ Flash FXP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by danc28, Dec 24, 2005.

1. danc28

danc28 Member

Hi, I just recently bought this new computer which is running on Windows XP PRo x64. I downloaded all the windows updates also. After about 10 minutes or so of downloading xbox game files from my xbox to my pc, my whole internet connection gets cut off, not even the in-home network runs!(It really wouldnt matter if just my internet got cut off cause i can still transfer the files, but the whole network stops, therefore my transfer is stalled.) When i go to restart my computer, my computer says that a program called ".net-Broadcast-event-Window-1.0.5" is not responding and a must press "end now" for it to end and for my computer to restart. I only get this messege after this whole series of events. After I restart my computer, the internet and everything starts working fine again, but if I try continuing my flashFXP work it will eventually happen again?? Please help!!! if this might help you at all, the port that im connecting to my xbox with (21) is the same port as my FTP server (21)....im not sure if this really matters or not but when i try to change the port on flashFXP (on site manager) it wont connect to the xbox.....but i doubt i even have to do that.........soo yaa thiss whole issue is alittle tricky + i couldnt find any info on the .net broadcast event window thingy on the net......so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BrE8nT

BrE8nT Guest

Hi,
    Have you changed your computers ip address when you set up your ftp?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

did you set up the PC connection to allow for
    connection sharing? some people need that for it to work.
    But i think if that were the problem you would not be able to connect to the Xbox at all. When i had that problem, each time i tried to connect to the Xbox, i lost my internet connection.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What kind of internet connection do you have?

5. danc28

danc28 Member

i havent changed my computers ip. i do have sharing enabled. and i have modem......cable