Internet/Modem Problems PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by peatear, May 13, 2005.

1. peatear

peatear Member

i have a problem with my internet. about every ten minutes, it stops working. the power and receive lights are the only ones on my modem and the send one is flashing. then after another ten minutes, it works again. this keeps on happening and it's very annoying. any help will be greatly appreciated.. thanks.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

1. Is your modem damaged or extremely old? If so, ask your ISP to replace it.

2. Have other people in your area experienced the same problems? If so, the ISP is probably upgrading or working on your area for mantience or some such.

3. Is there anything wrong with your computer? Viruses, etc.

3. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

I have a slight internet problem, I can put up with it but when people ring it cuts off. I have Wanadoo Broadband 1.1Mbps. It works good but when people use the phone or people ring it cuts off and obviously broadband you are suppost to be able to surf and use phone. I think it may be something to do with the phones in my house, because we have 4 phones, one in 3 rooms and a main downstairs. Any ideas would be appriciated, Tks :)

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check the filters between the phones & the jacks. also disconnect 1 phone at a time to see if 1 of them is causing the problem