1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Invalid Wii iso file" - tough one for the gurus out there!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Abletasma, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Abletasma

Abletasma Member

After my rawdump V2 rips 'any' game – Okami, SWSnowboarding just to name 2, Im getting the following message from RegionFrii 1.21 "There appears to be a large number of partitions in this ISO. This might be the sign of an invalid Wii ISO file.......etc etc". The crux of it is, that the rips are useless. My previous 'working' rips do not have this message.
    Nothing has changed and I mean nothing. So is it my HLDTST GDR 8163B on the blink, my Rawdump 2 failing, or my 'old' computer starting to give up the ghost.....or something else entirely??? Gurus needed for this toughie! Muchos gracias for any help!
    Edit/Delete Message

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Do the isos work if you burn them unedited? Because while I normally just use games from my own region I have used regionfrii once or twice and got that error once, but the game worked anyway. I just turned on region override on my wiikey and removed the duplicate channels later.

3. Abletasma

Abletasma Member

No they don't. I've burnt Okami, CoD:WW, SWSnowboarding and some months ago MoH, etc. The only burns the work are WiiFit, Resident Evil:UC and Zelda none of which give the error message with RegionFrii!

So that is the only difference I can find between them, seems pretty compelling. I'm using the XenoWii clip, previously I was using the D2Pro 9 clip and they both had the same issues....at least I have several coasters for friends and family, as thats all the copies are useful for :)....gettin' desperate here.