iPad 2 Find My iPad killing restore.

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Agent0008, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

I picked up and iPad 2 from a pawnshop, the guy that sold it to them didn't bother removing it from his icloud account. I've tried restoring and going into DFU but nothing has worked. I have no way of contacting the previous owner and I really don't want to pay $29 to talk to Apple. Is there any way to restore this iPad other then what I've tried? I've been thinking about jailbreaking it to see if I could remove the icloud my find thing and then trying to restore it to normal but I'm not sure if that will work either. Any help even to just say it's not possible would be a help.

2. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

is there anyway to access anything on the ipad to gain the previous owners email address or something that identifies them to contact them to have them remove the device from their icloud account or speak with them so they can give me the account information? As stated I won't pay Apple $29 to speak with them so I guess I'll be returning this to the pawnshop I bought it from.

FYI - most idiots drop these off for a loan and then leave them there or they sell them not erasing the information first.

3. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

Well I wish I could have received at least one response, as previously stated even saying nothing can be done would have been a help. As the situation stands now I have two paper weights I paid quite a bit for as the pawnshop is now saying they sold they as-is and won't allow me to return them. As-is was never mentioned when they sold them to me.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You'll have to see if your country has a consumer guarantee act that protects citizens from this sort of nonsense,sold as is or not being a retailer they'd be obliged to tell you if it was working or not & there'd need to be visible signage stating sold as is.Apart from that unless there's some hack it's now useless,security feature or not it's not just ipads that get locked their phones do as well,if there was ever a reason to steer clear of proprietary ware this it

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

how did you try to do a system restore as I did it once for a customer but can't remember which ipad it was?

6. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

did it thru iTunes.

Well the pawnshop claimed they sold them as-is so they won't take them back. In and act of desperation I posted on a local message board hoping the previous owners might see and contact me or remove them from their icloud account. So far no luck.