iphone 3g video? and problem with a video

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by {TKO}, Aug 14, 2009.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

OK, I have two questions.

First, I know the 3G can handle video. But why doesn't Apple allow it. Does anyone know? I would love to use Qik without Jailbreaking.

Second, I have a video in my email that will play but it will auto rotate. Any reason why?

Thanx ahead of time guys.

2. RampageAT

RampageAT Member

Yes, 3G can handle video but if you put it on a plasma tv to watch it would be horrible as the new iPhone 3G S i have has better framerates as well. Apple also don't allow it because if you want video recording without having to jailbreak, they want you to buy their product(iPhone 3G S)
    For the second question I can't answer because i have never encountered or heard about that problem but I will try to find out.

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

Why anyone would even want to play video off an iPhone is beyond me. But let's say that's the case, They can block output and just allow video capture. I just want it for Qik.

And I realize that Apple is trying to make money like any business but they've sold millions of iPhones. I think they can afford to make their customers happy rather than trying to make a buck.

But I have thought the same thing. I'm just looking for Apple's official response. I even tried posting on their forums and they removed my thread... LoL.