iPhone PUK Code - Not Usual Question

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by afgunzzz, Mar 15, 2009.

1. afgunzzz

afgunzzz Regular member

Now i have searched around for this problem but i can't seem to find help anywhere which is why i have come here. Anyway i was recently given an iPhone 8gb 1st gen from an american friend of mine. i however messed up the pin entry for his american sim card (UK here) and i have no idea how to get the PUK Code? ive heard that you could use the IMEI to find the puk code, does anybody know how to or would be willing to give me the puk if i send the IMEI?

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

You are in quite a pickle my friend....

What network are you on? AT&T? Do you have a legit plan? Is your friends AT&T account still active?

The answers to those will allow me to further assist you...

3. afgunzzz

afgunzzz Regular member

nope it was vodafone to start with and i still have that vodafone sim though its blocked. well i think his contract finished with vodafone hence why he gave it to me and he just put in another pay as you go vodafone sim so it would still work. i guess i could try unlocking it but that's another problem in itself. i have this problem

Code:
    [url]http://www.quickpwn.com/forums/jailbreaking-unlocking-iphone/1845-cant-get-quickpwn-work.html[/url]

4. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

yes you are going to have to unlock it. as for quickpwn not working, you could try using a different computer ( a friends, relative, etc. )

5. afgunzzz

afgunzzz Regular member

yeah i have tried other computers aswell, still no luck =[

6. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

you might have to get a new sim card. if you cant do that, then your gunna have to unlock your iphone so that it can be used with a different carrier.