Ipod and cell phone battery drained

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by yoyoko, Jul 22, 2007.

1. yoyoko

yoyoko Member

ok, a really weird thing happened when I went up north to Georgian bay in Ontario, to this peninsula.. My ipod was just fully charged, and by the time i was finished listneing to it in the car, it was still almost full. by the end of the day i had just fully charged my cell phone, and left both overnight, the ipod sleeping (like always) and the phone left on, the next day they were completely drained.

any ideas why this happened?

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

If it was in a really cold area then the battery could have been drained. By being used the little heat in the battery was enough to keep it alive.

3. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

There was probably a power outage, or the two being plugged into the same surge protector turned off somehow.

4. david94

david94 Regular member

it could of drained the phone leaving it on all night can cause it to drain alot as this happened to my friend and he recharged it and it was fine. the ipod as you might know that if you switch it off it is off but i have noticed that your ipod is not turned off when you put it to sleep it is like on standby and then the power is still used i jhave this problem but when i switched it off over night it was always fine cos it was niot on sleep

5. Laura1234

Laura1234 Member

I would suspect a power outage too since both the phone and ipod were drained, but if it ends up being your ipod battery, I got my <a href="http://www.ipodjuice.com">new ipod mini battery</a> at ipodjuice.com and it has worked out great for me. Holds a charge much longer and they guarantee the battery for 10 years. Worth checking out!
    - Laura

6. yoyoko

yoyoko Member

@core2kid the area was only cold at night, but the motel room itself was sufficiently heated

@seanzor my ipod wasnt plugged in, and the phone was plugged in before the night ended and removed (and no,i doubt there was a power outtage, i was watching tv till like 2 am, then reading with the lamp on till 3 am)

@david94 i dont know what you mean by "off" cause the ipod never REALLY turns off, it just sleeps, like u press the play/pause button and hold it till it goes dark, then put it on hold, thats wat i did, and thats wat i ALWAYS do and this has never happened to me

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yoyoko, were you on the bruce peninsula & if so where?

8. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

OH, lol i thought you were charging them, Idk, the ipod battery indicator doesn't update all the time, and it was probably showing a false indication, or your battery has been through too many cycles and it doesn't hold a full charge anymore. Were you out of town? or out of state. or in a remote area? This might sound far fetched, but if your out of your home area, or in a remote area your cell phone will have to use more power to broadcast it's signal, or keep on roaming to different towers. Ive been out in the mountains before and there was barley any signal at all, (gsm cingular nokia 6682) and i wouldn't even use my phone and it would be dead at the end of the day.

9. yoyoko

yoyoko Member

yes i was in BP, um, i dunno the name of hte place specifically but it was near lake and like a 10 minute drive from the national park.

10. kateezoo

kateezoo Guest

I've been having problems with my ipod battery too...i think its a common problem with the nanos

11. yoyoko

yoyoko Member

except mines a video, but this has happened NOWHERE else, NEVER, not even now.