1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is demonoid Down?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by 69ers, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 69ers

69ers Guest

hey guys, I got Demonoid and i think it went down... did it go down? see if it did guys.

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Its down for me right now.

3. dannycl

dannycl Member

I'm having same problem. The last time it was down we heard something.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

It worked for me last night, haven't checked today.

5. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I just checked Demonoid and it seems to be down, I am guessing maybe for maintenance, as the favicon loads, and all I get is a blank page, after it has completely finished loading.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i just tried, seems to be down..

7. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Firefox gives me an "Unable to connect" message and IE gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" thing, also tried to connect through a proxy site and no luck....
    OK, fine that's happened before, BUT this time when I open ĀµTorrent all of the torrents tracked by Demonoid can't scrape, which means the tracker is down also.
    Usually when I can't access the site, the tracker is still up. This time it seems different.......hopefully their not gone for good, only time will tell.....

8. Aensraad

Aensraad Member

It's down for me as well as of at least a day or so. The forums are also down, and it seems the tracker may be as well. Is there a central place to get news on this situation?

9. daveb923

daveb923 Member

Yeah. Demonoid appears to be down for whatever reason. It is Tuesday September 25, 2007 and 10:38am Pacific Time US. I was seeding all weekend and it looks like it went down sometime Sunday. I didn't check on anything 'til today so I'm not exactly sure when it happened. Hopefully it's nothing major. Remember a few months ago, Demonoid had a server crash and was down for awhile, so hopefully this it not that serious (or worse, god forbid!).

daveb923

10. scibble

scibble Member

Just in case not everyone is convinced....

Was OK last night, down this a.m.

The entry for Wikipedia has updated to state the site is down at 5 a.m. for unknown reasons.

:)

11. seb32

seb32 Regular member

All my Demonoid trackers in uTorrent are saying "connection closed by peer", and when I try to go to the site, Firefox says "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

(it's 3:00pm PST on Tuesday the 25th)

12. scibble

scibble Member

13. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Torrentfreak is currently down, but Wiki says:
    EDIT: nvm, it's not down, just going extremely slowly on my computer

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  14. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

As a Canadian I find it hard to believe that the CRIA has the muscle to shut DEMONOID down, considering all the fights they have lost so far.....But lately my ISP has been putting pressure on me concerning my bandwidth usage they said I will need to upgrade to the "Business package" or I will be disconnected, my usage usually is about 150 gig's a month and I have the extreme package. If anything I suspect that the ISP's themselves are trying to eradicate the growing file-sharing problem by going after the torrent sites themselves. It's easy to blame the CRIA but If your a Internet service provider that get's caught trying to take out a torrent site, it could backfire and cost millions of buck's in subscriber's revenue. My personal opinion is that a company such as SHAW CABLE has a hidden agenda to control how much you download and where you can download from. These ISP's have controlling interest in media(online movies,pay per view, tv shows,ect). THEY DO NOT WANT YOU downloading whether it's legal or not unless there pockets are lined with ALL you hard earned cash first. LONG LIVE DEMONOID

15. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Yeah, I'm Canadian too. Who's your ISP? (mine's Shaw)

16. gypsydaze

gypsydaze Member

hey..i'm new..been lurking awhile tho..demonoid was fine yesterday, mdy 24 afternoon, but down last night and still.....i'm on the torrent freak forums and see if there's any news. what is weird is over the weekend, demonoid was flooded w/ noobs putting up stuff. there was more than 3000 over the usual 60,000 avg. music availavble. and alot of duplicates..another oddity...demonoid does a fair job making sure torrents aren't duplicated. the server stated several times it was too busy. So, is my conspiracy theory brain running amuck?
    oh, i'm on comcast/time warner and been shut down once before. i hope it isn't the isp and 'noid is up soon.

17. creaky

I've been sniffing around trying to find more info on Demonoid going missing.
    Obviously there's this news item here entitled "IsoHunt's trackers now blocked to US users" -
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/565997

but that and other info i'd seen only really talks about Torrentbox.com

However Torrentbox seems to be back, just found this on a forum thread there - http://forums.torrentbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=24571 ..there's a bit about Demonoid in there and some wiki links re Demonoid too

18. pippincp

pippincp Regular member

I'm a member of Demonoid and I am in the same situation as everybody else.
    i.e. I don't know what's wrong but the site IS down for some reason.

Pip

19. ripdox

ripdox Guest

20. creaky

@ripdox - that link is within a link in my post, the circuitbox link makes good reading :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.